ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kumarana

Dependant Visa

Post by kumarana » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:48 am

Hi

I am renewing my Teir 1 visa on may 2012 along with my wife who is on dependent.My wife was studying and had to withdraw from the course and has not paid her final instalment fees .The uni insisted on paying the fee or they threatened to inform the home office.This happened on 2011 april,she refused to pay the fee.Now i am worried about
our visa extension.I checked credit score and CRB ,everything looks fine.
did she break any immigration law,should i go through a solictor for the renewal

Please help

Ani

askhan
United Kingdom

RE

Post by askhan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:47 am

You should have to pay all the fees anyway, but now if you have any financial issues what you can do is to write an application to your wife Uni and request some extra time that your are struggling at the moment and you will pay your fees gradually.

I believe that your wife is on TIER 1 Gen, so as per T1G rules you are not bound to study here on that visa and if you study its your own wish. Homeoffice will not enquire about you during extension that what is the attendance or where are doing the degree from. they are not the primary concern.

What Uni can do first is to give your name to Bailiff who can send some RED letters and then invite you to court, this may put your credit history in jeopardy.

you will be treated as defaulters but hopefully not fraudulent.

i hope you understand the point...

kumarana

Re: RE

Post by kumarana » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks for your reply
my wife is on Teir1 dependent ,will the uni inform home office forr non payment of fees,will it affect her visa extension.since she left the uni
there is no letter from them .

Ani

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:55 am

UKBA doesn't care about what a Tier 1 dependant did at the UNI. What matters is the main applicant. Just ensure that you do not default on the payments as it might affect you in future.

kumarana

Post by kumarana » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:34 am

Dear friend

Thanks for the reply.

Ani