ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent -How to add a newborn baby abroad on spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mego_1980

Urgent -How to add a newborn baby abroad on spouse visa

Post by mego_1980 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:27 am

Hi everyone,

Just quick question, My wife gave birth in egypt recently and I would like to take my newborn baby with us to the UK. I am British citizen and my wife had spouse visa. To apply for a british passport for my baby from cairo will take up to 6 weeks as there is new system in place and all cairo passport application get processed in France. So I need to add my newborn baby to her mum spousal visa. Please advise me how to do that and which form I should use.Your early replay would be much appreciated.

mego

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:27 am

Apply for a certificate of entitlement.

However, a passport application may take less than six weeks.
Last edited by vinny on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:39 am

If the baby is British you can't apply for a visa for him anyway. Go with the certificate of entitlement or British passport as suggested by vinny.

BondFamily

Post by BondFamily » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:13 am

My baby was also born outside of the UK and also was told a long waiting time because the application needed to be sent to Germany! It took over 2 months for my application to get processed so if you need it fast then I would recommend you apply for the certificate of entitlement.

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:33 am

At the moment my newborn baby has Egyptian passport and I have submitted the british passport for her but as I said it will take from 4 to 6 weeks.
if I applied for the certificate entitlement for my baby can I take her with me to the UK next week. Can I do this online if yes How should I fill it online.
Also I have granted British citizenship last year so do I have the right to abode.

Thanks

mego

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 am

mego_1980 wrote:At the moment my newborn baby has Egyptian passport and I have submitted the british passport for her but as I said it will take from 4 to 6 weeks.
if I applied for the certificate entitlement for my baby can I take her with me to the UK next week. Can I do this online if yes How should I fill it online.
Also I have granted British citizenship last year so do I have the right to abode.

Thanks

mego
All British Citizens have the right of abode in the UK. See right of abode

You can't take the baby with you the UK until either her British passport of certificate of entitlement have been issued.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:19 am

Assuming your baby was born after your naturalisation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:30 am

vinny wrote:Assuming your baby was born after your naturalisation.
yes - i had assumed this was the case as the OP says he was granted citizenship last year and the baby is newborn.

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:41 am

Hi Greenie,

I think it is too late to apply for the right of abode since I applied for her British passport.
Unfortunately I just found out about the right of abode option from yoiu guys this morning which I think is too late. Looks like I have to wait for 6 weeks for her passport to be processed

Thanks

mego