ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 1 Dependent Visa Rejected

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

birdy1980

PBS Tier 1 Dependent Visa Rejected

Post by birdy1980 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi All
I am in the UK since 4 years and currently on a Tier 1 visa valid till 06 October 2013. I operate through a limited company here in the UK.

I recently got married on the 14 of December 2011 and applied for Tier 1 dependent visa for my wife at VFS mumbai North on 30 December 2011. The application was rejected and received with notice of rejection today on 18 January 2012 with following message

You have applied for entry clearance to join your husband who is a Tier 1 general Migrant in the UK. The only evidence of your claimed relationship is a marriage certificate dated 26 December 2011. I acknowledge that your UK sponsor was in India at the time of this wedding but you have not submitted any photographs to show that you have even met your UK sponsor. Nor have you submitted any evidence to substantiate your relationship. Therefore I am not satisfied that your marriage was subsisting at the time the application was made.(Paragraph 319C (d)). Nor can I be satisfied that you intend to live with your spouse throughout your stay in the UK (Paragraph 319C (e)).
I have therefore refused your application because I am not satisfied on the balance of probabilities that you meet all of the requirements of the relevant paragraph of the United Kingdom Immigration rules

The proof I submitted was

a. Copy of my passport and biometric visa
b. Copy of my 6 month recent personal bank statements.
c. Copy of my bachelor degree
d. Wife's original passport and bachelor degree with copies.
d. Print of VAF10 Form duly signed and filled with Date submitted online of 17 Dec 2011
e. Marriage certificate original and copy
f. Copy of my limited company formation certificate

I got my Marriage certificate on the 26th of December 2011 which clearly states my wife's and my name with address and DOB and the place of marriage. This marriage certificate was dated of 26 December 2011 and states that the marriage took place on 14 December 2011 with both my name and my wife's name in it including our addresses and date of birth.
I submitted the VAF10 form online on 17th December 2011. The form states an application date of 17 December 2011 in the printed copy as well.

I had however not submitted any wedding invite card or photos of our wedding as this was not mentioned in the point based guidance for dependents. I do not understand what has gone wrong here. Please any advise would help as now I am looking to appeal.

Please if you could also advise what I should include this time extra as part of my appeal, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers
Birdy