ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Speeding

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chikky

Speeding

Post by Chikky » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:49 pm

Guys,

This morning while travelling to office there was a speeding camera flash after few meters I drove past the camera. I immediately checked my speed and it was around 33-35 on 30 miles/hr speed limit. It is uncertain whether I was caught or some other motorist as there were other motor cyclist and cars. Im beginning to worry as my ILR is with in 5 days time. Any thoughts?

Vids

Re: Speeding

Post by 2012 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:26 pm

Chikky wrote:Guys,

This morning while travelling to office there was a speeding camera flash after few meters I drove past the camera. I immediately checked my speed and it was around 33-35 on 30 miles/hr speed limit. It is uncertain whether I was caught or some other motorist as there were other motor cyclist and cars. Im beginning to worry as my ILR is with in 5 days time. Any thoughts?

Vids
1. Wait untill the camera deliver its verdict but if you do get points then make sure that u put that on the form.

ceyes
Newly Registered

Post by ceyes » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:36 pm

You say that you are applying in 5 days. Then don't worry it is unlikely that you will receive a PCN by then. If however you receive, you need not mention it in your application as you will not at that moment have paid any penalty or accrued any points. And finally receiving a PCN is not a criminal conviction.
Good luck

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:24 am

Generally you see a flash if the camera was active. Don’t forget half of speed cameras
don’t actually work.

You are lucky that your ILR is due in 5 days, and you don’t need to mention it in your form (as you wont be fined by then).

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... nt-work.do

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nders.html

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:31 am

linkers wrote:Generally you see a flash if the camera was active. Don’t forget half of speed cameras
don’t actually work.

You are lucky that your ILR is due in 5 days, and you don’t need to mention it in your form (as you wont be fined by then).

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... nt-work.do

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... nders.html
Thanks Indeed. That was helpful. Fingers crossed ... Hopefully should not have any issues.

addh
- thin ice -

Post by addh » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:05 am

if you are applying in person than its fine as u ll get the ILR the same day and it is unlikely that ur ticket will arrive so soon

euler83
Newly Registered

GOT ILR TODAY WITH SPEEDING CONVICTION

Post by euler83 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:56 pm

I applied at the PEO-Sheffield today and was granted.
I have a speeding conviction from 2008 which landed me 3-points and 60pound penalty.
I declared it on my application, and I was still granted.
Also, just stick to the documents they request and don't cause yourself unnecessary stress.

I just added my last pay slip, last bank statement, employer's letter and P60s.
I have been on 5-year work permit with 2 employers, but all of that details are on their systems.

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Chikky wrote:Guys,

Vids
Dont worry and if you get a FPN as if it is your first time its highly likely you will be offered a Speed Awarness Course (SAC) which is not declarable.

ceyes
Newly Registered

Post by ceyes » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:16 pm

HeartGambler wrote: Dont worry and if you get a FPN as if it is your first time its highly likely you will be offered a Speed Awarness Course (SAC) which is not declarable.
I also received a FPN in 2008 and was offered a SAC. I did not declare this in my ILR application which was successful. However, SAC is offered only in some counties and even then there are some restrictions to it, such as speed within 36mph in a 30mph zone, etc., you cannot expect SAC for 90mph on a motorway.

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 pm

That is exactly op has mentioned that he thinks he did 33-35 mph in a 30MPH zone so if that county offers a SAC he will be offered one for sure.