ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how to apply online EEA FP?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

morsan
Newly Registered

how to apply online EEA FP?

Post by morsan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm confused about the online application for family permit. While I can't access anything now due to system maintenance on their website, I've tried before and only get the downloadable version which can't be filled out. As we're in Sweden, I have to apply online, but why isn't this working for me? Is my computer lacking a certain program? anyone else had this problem?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:51 pm

See here. It refers to applications from the Netherlands but the process (and the link) are the same.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Hmmm

Post by nonspecifics » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:54 pm

Assuming you are running Windows, do you have Java installed and running Javascript in your browswer?

If you are unsure, the easiest way of checking is by going to the Java website and running their diagnostic.

found here: http://java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Or you can check in your programs installed list for java.

Pop-up blockers on your browser can sometimes stop a link opening a new window too. Look for little symbols appearing or a request permission or beep that can indicate a pop-up has been blocked.

If you get it working, select "Other " for type of visa then you will get an option for EEA / Swiss family member after that.