ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent fund maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

friefox

Tier 1 dependent fund maintenance

Post by friefox » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:27 am

HI,
I am really confused about the Tier1 dependent funds maintenance.

I am living in the UK since October 2011, and now I need to apply for a dependent visa for my wife, who is in India.

How much funds should I maintain in my account? The policy guidance says that it has to be 1600£ + additional funds for myself. But I have no clue how much is that additional fund? Someone says it is 800£, and someone says it is 2400£. I am really confused. Please help

Also, could I show the the funds in a combination of my accounts in India & UK and my wife's joint account with her dad in India?

I found the following on the Dependant Policy guidance about funds:

If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom 42. for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself[/b]. Please note dependants of Tier 1 Investors do not need to satisfy the maintenance requirement.