ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Days outside UK for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vishal.jha
Newly Registered

Days outside UK for ILR

Post by vishal.jha » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:51 am

Hi

How did the case worked check the total number of days outside the UK, did he check each and every stamp on the passport or calculated only on the basis of information you have provided on the form, or do they have access to records which show them the exact date and time we entered in the UK?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:55 pm

1. We have to provide the information as which page has entry/exit stamps on passport,
2. They will cross verify on the passport for these stamps.
3. They do have records on their system for our exit and entry will be verified by the stamps on our passport. (Not sure if they have records of our entry too)

You can know what record they hold by requestion SAR .

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:00 pm

The page in SET(O) only asks for Date Left the Uk, Date Returned to the UK, Reason for Absence.

Do we need to put the entry exit stamps. What if all stamps not visible in cased of frequent flyers.

vishal.jha
Newly Registered

Post by vishal.jha » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi Sunil

What is SAR and how can I request it?

Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:27 pm

SAR won’t show your exit and entry dates. It shows only the dates you were granted all visas. It’s generally useful to people who are applying for ILR on the basis of 10 years lawful residence (as they have to get number of extensions to get to 10 years of time).

You can also get it if you wish but it won’t show you the entry and exit dates.

Yameen
Newly Registered

Re: Days outside UK for ILR

Post by Yameen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:48 pm

vishal.jha wrote:Hi

How did the case worked check the total number of days outside the UK, did he check each and every stamp on the passport or calculated only on the basis of information you have provided on the form, or do they have access to records which show them the exact date and time we entered in the UK?
Having seen many threads in the forum, you will need to write the Date you left the UK and Date you returned. Date left the UK can be different to the date of arrival stamp on the destination country.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Remember, arrival and departure dates don’t need to be counted (you can exclude them).

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:30 pm

guys....

ink on my stamps, in my passport, is hardly legible. how do i find out exact dates i left uk and entered uk.

what is an alternative way for me to find out this information.

thanks

Yameen
Newly Registered

Post by Yameen » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:37 pm

arsenal49 wrote:guys....

ink on my stamps, in my passport, is hardly legible. how do i find out exact dates i left uk and entered uk.

what is an alternative way for me to find out this information.

thanks
I had the similar issue but luckily when I checked my email I had the e-tickets.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:11 am

You can check the dates from your employer.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:16 pm

jaskiratbaweja wrote:The page in SET(O) only asks for Date Left the Uk, Date Returned to the UK, Reason for Absence.

Do we need to put the entry exit stamps. What if all stamps not visible in cased of frequent flyers.

Its worth attaching an additional sheet detailing the entry exit reason and stamp pages ... it makes the caseworkers work easier ...

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:36 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:
jaskiratbaweja wrote:The page in SET(O) only asks for Date Left the Uk, Date Returned to the UK, Reason for Absence.

Its worth attaching an additional sheet detailing the entry exit reason and stamp pages ... it makes the caseworkers work easier ...
I agree, when dealing with certain issues the case worker should be deemed as the laziest person of the earth and be spoon fed.. :lol:

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:21 am

sunil.suneel wrote:1. We have to provide the information as which page has entry/exit stamps on passport,
2. They will cross verify on the passport for these stamps.
3. They do have records on their system for our exit and entry will be verified by the stamps on our passport. (Not sure if they have records of our entry too)

You can know what record they hold by requestion SAR .
when ever you land in UK you fill up landing card. They all go to Database.

They do have your entry details.

As far as i know till now.. AIrline retains only 1 month of passenger data.

I confirm from solicitor today that UKBA dont have your exit details.. I'm not sure how far its true ?
Last edited by fahadz1 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:26 am

sunil.suneel wrote:

do we need to attach excel sheet ? the existing sheet has 6 coloums i think so if a person have travel for six times still he need to make excel sheet ?

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:18 am

If you have travelled more than 6 times only then you need to attach the excel sheets or if you want to make the Case workers job eaiser by also adding page numbers from passport relevent to each entry and exit stamp..!!..your choice..if there are many entries, I would suggest make a nice detailed excel sheet for all and attach so case worker does not have to think much..!!

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:58 pm

1sppandey wrote:If you have travelled more than 6 times only then you need to attach the excel sheets or if you want to make the Case workers job eaiser by also adding page numbers from passport relevent to each entry and exit stamp..!!..your choice..if there are many entries, I would suggest make a nice detailed excel sheet for all and attach so case worker does not have to think much..!!

thanks.. agree with you ? do case worker look for the stamps or he/she match from his records in computer system ?

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:56 pm

It's good to have your SAR file to obtain from UKBA before applying for your ILR. As they will send you all your documents which UKBA retain. secondly you can find out the dates of all your applications received in UKBA.

its good to mention all your correct entry and exit dates in your ILR form.

luola2010
Newly Registered

Post by luola2010 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Hi to you all, I have follow this forum since last yearalthough its the 1st time I post here . I found the topic and post is very helpful and potentially save people a lot money on legal fee.

I have got a question on how to prove you have not been abscent more than 6 month. I travelled a few times and one of the time when I returned to the UK, I wasnot given any stamped on my passport. It was dated back to 2004 and the abscence was less than a month. I haven't saved any flight ticket or either have I got other prove, like colleage attendence, employment letter or bank statement dated back those date.

I am going to apply ILR under 10 years ground this Sept. I would like to get some advice on how to prove I came back to the UK on that date in 2004?

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 pm

if you remember the date in 2004 just put that date.

if there is no stamp on your passport YOU or UKBA can't do any thing.

and UKBA do have your entry details thats what i belive as you fill landing card.

luola2010
Newly Registered

Post by luola2010 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:34 pm

fahadz1 wrote:if you remember the date in 2004 just put that date.

if there is no stamp on your passport YOU or UKBA can't do any thing.

and UKBA do have your entry details thats what i belive as you fill landing card.
Thanks for your reply. I do know the exact date re-entering the UK in 2004. I did fill a landing card at the time however I don't have a copy of it. What worries me is how I am going to prove I didn't leave the country more than 6 month as without the stamp which appears me that I can't prove unless I could have a copy of in/out country record from the Boarder Agency? Don't think SAR file has this record either. Does anybody have similar experience? Have it caused any problem?