ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My Application, PLEASE REVIEW!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moodz
Newly Registered

My Application, PLEASE REVIEW!

Post by moodz » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:10 pm

I’m very glad I came across this discussion board, I was utterly shocked for the first 5 whole minutes when I first read about the HSMP scheme; I have spent countless hours going over the guidelines provided by the home office, and not less than 6 hours of continuous reading and note taking on this board..

I would not be exaggerating if I said that the HSMP is the only thing I think of, the idea of migration is like a brink of light to someone in very dark tunnel :)

I would deeply appreciate consideration and notes regarding the application I am planning to send detailed below, I am sure I missed something somewhere.

The points I am claiming are as follows:

1. 5 Points for being under 28: I was planning to send a notarized copy of my passport; yet the public notary in my home country will only authenticate it in Arabic. What I did is contact the British Embassy here in Bahrain and asked if they do the “authentication” service, they said they do, for 25 pounds; Do you guys think this is enough? The last thing I need is to be in the middle of a situation where I will be pointing fingers here and there.

2. 15 Points for my Educational Background: Alright this should be relatively easy, I have attached my BSc transcript, signed and stamped by the registrars office of the university. Plain, and simple.. unlike how this whole thing is going…

3. 25 Points for my Work Experience: Alright, here where it starts to get tricky. Now I have been recruited as a “Graduate Trainee” in a Bank, and so I have stayed for 2 years, now; I can get my employer to issue me a letter that says I was a “trainee” for those past two years, and that the position needed a university degree (I also have a work ad from the same bank with the same position, stating the a university degree is required); After those two years I have been promoted to the position of “Officer” and so I have stayed so till today (which is a little less than a year).

Is this sufficient enough to satisfy their requirements? I mean, I did prove that my last position did require a degree right, (by the ad) and my current position too (which I can let it say so in a letter)? Or is the word “trainee” isn’t hmm.. bright.. enough?

4. 25 Points for my Previous Earnings: Alright bear with me through this please, I’m almost done. Since I live in a tax free zone, I do not have tax return forms; and since this whole HSMP stuff only popped into my life two weeks ago, I never thought of keeping my pay-slips (except the first one I got, which is in some big binder under my bed) Anyway, so the best I can come up with are bank statements, in addition to a letter from my employer stating my salary for the past year; straight forward you say? Not quite!

You see, I have decided with my utter wisdom to join an internal saving scheme; now, since the whole thing is internal (only limited to the employees of the bank), the amount of my contribution is automatically deducted from my monthly salary, which will result in a mismatch between the bank statements and the letter detailing my income which will be provided by my employer.

The good news, is that even without counting my monthly contribution I still go beyond the required threshold to gain the points; the bad news is that I can only get a letter from the bank stating that I have an amount of X in my internal savings (which will not add up, as my employer matches my contribution).

Post by 1971 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:01 am

Hallos Moodz,

Please, see my comments below:

All others are okay, except that you don't have a payslip and tax returns. That sounds a lot ridiculous to me and am sure to a lot of people in this forum. Which country are applying from? Are you an expartriate to that country?

Well, I'll advise that for your Earning claims, you can use your Bank Statement and letter from employer breaking down your salary structure and also explaining that no deductions (Tax, Social Trust, Housing Funds) are made on your monthly earnings. You should make a well detailed explanation of this in your cover letter. I'm sure if well explained, the caseworker can look at your case based on evidences and explanations you give. If possible, also include copies of your country's law stating that employers don't need to pay Tax, but honestly, I find this very absurd.

Please, other senior members, advise.

I wish you well. Tell us which country you are applying from and what is your employment status (Expartriate/Repartriate/In-country.) If you let us know, may we have members in this forum that has applied before and they can advice you based on their experiences.

Take care.

moodz
Newly Registered

Post by moodz » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:35 pm

1971:

Many thanks for your reply, it is not that I my employer does not issue pay-slips; it is that I never kept them; thinking they would never come in handy.

And just incase you are still wondering, I am a resident of Bahrain; holding a Bahraini Passport.

I have just got a reply from the home office, and now have to deal with the following new points:

1. Apparently all correspondence are to be addressed to the “Home Office”, I have told my employer that I needed those documents as requirements to continue my higher studies; I just didn’t feel like letting the HR manager know that I am planning to migrate, just incase something happened and I don’t, it could only backfire on me.
2. They also said that they do accept Bank Statements, and a letter from my employer detailing my salary; BUT I will have to provide evidence that Bahrain is a Tax Free Country; I will try to get something from the local British Embassy that states that.

Wish me luck,