ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exactly three months between stamp and entry - when to apply

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaushal1976
Newly Registered

Exactly three months between stamp and entry - when to apply

Post by kaushal1976 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:32 pm

Dear members,

I am posting this on behalf of one of my friends who is planning to apply for his ILR in July 2012. I would very much appreciate your views on the following matters.

1. He has obtained work permit visa (old style) from india and stamped on 19th of August 2007. He entered the country on 19th of October 2007. This being exactly 3 months, can he count this towards his clock time to apply for ILR on around 25th of July 2012? My initial opinion to him was yes, he can (gathered from the forum posts) but this being exactly three months, I thought I would ask the experts.

2. His wife was with him in the UK only for the last four years. Is she eligible to apply for ILR at the same time as my friend? My opinion was Yes (more than 2 years) but again, your view would be highly appreciated.

3. With the above 2 issues (if those are issues), is it safe to apply in person or through post?

Many thanks for any help. He fulfils all other requirements for ILR.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 pm

1. As long as its 3 or less than 3 months, case worker can consider his entry date for calculating 5 years of continues residence. He can apply 28 days before that date.
2. Yes
3. To me, it looks like a straight forward application (assuming everything else is fine).

kaushal1976
Newly Registered

Post by kaushal1976 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:31 am

linkers wrote:1. As long as its 3 or less than 3 months, case worker can consider his entry date for calculating 5 years of continues residence. He can apply 28 days before that date.
2. Yes
3. To me, it looks like a straight forward application (assuming everything else is fine).
Many thanks Linkers, much appreciated.