ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Fee (HSMP transitional arrangements)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kmunir

Tier 1 Extension Fee (HSMP transitional arrangements)

Post by kmunir » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi All,

I have an HSMP approval letter dated 12 September 2008 on the basis of which I got my current Tier 1 (General) visa under transitional arrangements for HSMP approval letter holders in February 2009.

I have now been residing in the UK since last 3 years and have to apply for an extension but I am a little confused about which fee would apply to me. It is written on the website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/) that

"Applicants and their dependants can pay the following reduced fees if they submit a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) letter with their application"

and the fee applicable in this case is £500 (main applicant) and £250 (per dependant) for postal applications.

Also in the Tier 1 (General) application form (version 04/11), it is stated on page 4 section "Reduced fee where applicant has a valid HSMP approval letter: applicable transitional arrangements" that

"Where a Tier 1 (General) applicant has a valid HSMP approval letter, but has yet to obtain the associated leave to remain, the fee payable is £500 for applications made by post or courier, or £700 for applications made in person at our Public Enquiry Offices."

Since I have the HSMP approval letter and I have not been granted a leave to remain/extension (contrary to the leave to enter I got initially under transitional arrangements), am I eligible to the reduced fee or I would have to pay the full fee which is £1000 (main applicant) and £500 (per dependant) for postal application?

Anyone answering the question, it would be great if you could give some concrete reference from home office as well?

Thanks.
Regards,
KM

kiran2009
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by kiran2009 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:55 pm

"Where a Tier 1 (General) applicant has a valid HSMP approval letter, but has yet to obtain the associated leave to remain, the fee payable is £500 for applications made by post or courier"

The HSMP approval letter you received is VALID for ONLY for 6 months, and this line must be printed on your letter.

kmunir

Post by kmunir » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:06 pm

kiran2009 wrote:"Where a Tier 1 (General) applicant has a valid HSMP approval letter, but has yet to obtain the associated leave to remain, the fee payable is £500 for applications made by post or courier"

The HSMP approval letter you received is VALID for ONLY for 6 months, and this line must be printed on your letter.
that is correct but who would have a valid HSMP approval letter now when this scheme was finished about 3 years ago so whats the point of this then?
Regards,
KM

Talha.Munir
Newly Registered

Any Luck?

Post by Talha.Munir » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi Kmunir,

Have you got the answer of your query? My scenario is exactly the same and it would be highly appreciated if you share your experience.

Cheers,
Talha

kmunir

Re: Any Luck?

Post by kmunir » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Talha.Munir wrote:Hi Kmunir,

Have you got the answer of your query? My scenario is exactly the same and it would be highly appreciated if you share your experience.

Cheers,
Talha
Hi Talha,

I actually called home office and confirmed the fee I had to pay and they said it is the higher one. I couldn't understand his logic for whom does the lower fee apply but it is 1000 for main applicant and 500 per dependant. I have heard of a case as well where the applicant paid the lower fee (500 main and 250 per dependant) and their application was returned as invalid fee was paid and their original amount deposited returned.

Hope that answers your question.
Regards,
KM

tehminamazher
Member of Standing

Post by tehminamazher » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:10 am

My case falls under HSMP Jr, should we have to pay the higher fee . Our extension is due in March 2013 so we do we have to pay 1500 for main applicant anf 750 for dependant.

We are in a perplex situation, whether to go for extension now before the fee rise or in March 2012.

Suggestion advise needed from the seniors.

Regards

TM

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Post by ChOudhry1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:40 am

[quote="tehminamazher"]My case falls under HSMP Jr, should we have to pay the higher fee . Our extension is due in March 2013 so we do we have to pay 1500 for main applicant anf 750 for dependant.

We are in a perplex situation, whether to go for extension now before the fee rise or in March 2012.

Suggestion advise needed from the seniors.

Regards

TM[/
Last edited by ChOudhry1 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Choudhry

ChOudhry1
- thin ice -

Re: Tier 1 Extension Fee (HSMP transitional arrangements)

Post by ChOudhry1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:45 am

kmunir wrote:Hi All,

I have an HSMP approval letter dated 12 September 2008 on the basis of which I got my current Tier 1 (General) visa under transitional arrangements for HSMP approval letter holders in February 2009.

I have now been residing in the UK since last 3 years and have to apply for an extension but I am a little confused about which fee would apply to me. It is written on the website (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... eral/cost/) that

"Applicants and their dependants can pay the following reduced fees if they submit a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) letter with their application"

and the fee applicable in this case is £500 (main applicant) and £250 (per dependant) for postal applications.

Also in the Tier 1 (General) application form (version 04/11), it is stated on page 4 section "Reduced fee where applicant has a valid HSMP approval letter: applicable transitional arrangements" that

"Where a Tier 1 (General) applicant has a valid HSMP approval letter, but has yet to obtain the associated leave to remain, the fee payable is £500 for applications made by post or courier, or £700 for applications made in person at our Public Enquiry Offices."

Since I have the HSMP approval letter and I have not been granted a leave to remain/extension (contrary to the leave to enter I got initially under transitional arrangements), am I eligible to the reduced fee or I would have to pay the full fee which is £1000 (main applicant) and £500 (per dependant) for postal application?

Anyone answering the question, it would be great if you could give some concrete reference from home office as well?

Thanks.

Hi dear,
I have the same case and I am of the opinion that hsmp letter is not valid any more but my solicitor called home office and he was told that reduced fee is still applicable, hence he circled the 500 box and the same has been deducted by ukba. Now I have a great fear that they may not send my application back on the grounds of less fee. I am already waiting since last one month. You always get different answers for the same question when speaking to a different guy in ukba. They also know nothing. I think you are better off paying full fee. Best of luck
Choudhry

Talha.Munir
Newly Registered

Post by Talha.Munir » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks KM.. I think I should also go for higher fee. Better not to take any risk.[/list][/code][/quote]