ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR , passport is due to expire

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ialacis

ILR , passport is due to expire

Post by ialacis » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:21 pm

hi

i have ILR but my passport is due to expire soon ....
i have to apply for a new passport and takes sometimes ....

the question is im alreayd in a full time employmenr, is it going to cause problem for me ?

im also searching for a new job, will it bother the employers ? or they only intrested in my ILR and not passport ?

I can apply for british citizenship toward end of this year.

derlin

Re: ILR , passport is due to expire

Post by derlin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:47 pm

ialacis wrote:hi

the question is im alreayd in a full time employmenr, is it going to cause problem for me ?

im also searching for a new job, will it bother the employers ? or they only intrested in my ILR and not passport ?

Hi Ialacis,

As long as your expired passport has a valid ILR visa, you should be okay with your employment. Your future employers wont be bothered with an expired passport. If they are concerned about it, it's also their job to check the authenticity of your ILR with the UKBA.

ialacis

Post by ialacis » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:49 pm

can I apply for british passport if my current visa is expred? does it matter?

is it a risk to live in uk whithout renewing my passport? any challenges or isues that I might face?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:56 am

ILR never expires. I am not sure if you are eligible for British Passport as you haven’t given enough information.

You don’t need a new passport unless you plan to travel and you also don’t need to get your ILR transferred to your new passport. Just carry both passports.

naCC
BANNED

Re: ILR , passport is due to expire

Post by naCC » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:15 pm

derlin wrote:
ialacis wrote:hi

Hi Ialacis,

As long as your expired passport has a valid ILR visa, you should be okay with your employment. Your future employers wont be bothered with an expired passport. If they are concerned about it, it's also their job to check the authenticity of your ILR with the UKBA.
I think you can get a New urgent Passport within 24 hrs as many Countries embasies has facilities for an urgent passport....