ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

zimbabwean asylum seeker

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

missmelanie
Newly Registered

zimbabwean asylum seeker

Post by missmelanie » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Ok this is my situation i hope someone can shed some light on my options;

Came to the UK in Nov 2000 on a student Visa
Applied for asylm August 2001
Refused asylum and did not appeal (bad solicitor advice)
Had a child Jan 2005

I have been with my partner since i was 16 years old we have been living together for 6 years we are not legally married but traditionally married he is on JSA.

Going back to zim to get spouse clearance is not an option because my whole immediate family are in the uk and i will have nowhere to stay. My son bears the name of a politician who was killed because he opposed Mugabe (hence the reason y my partner got ILR) so i will have to leave him and he is only 16 months.

does anyone have any ideas

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:51 pm

There are a number of factors against you. It is a shame the two of you are not married as if that was the case you probably would have come within the terms of a policy known as DP3/96, but that does not apply to those living together unmarried.

Also your partner is claiming JSA .... and I guess the two of you don't have savings of any size?

I think the best you can do is wait until your partner has a job, and therefore it will be clear that you will not need to claim certain Public Funds, and then apply for a 2-year Unmarried Partner Visa ... but do accept this will be an outside the rules application that could take a considerable time to be decided. And no guarantee of the result.

The religion of you and your partner? If Christian consider getting married in a Church of England Church? Getting married in such a Church would get round the problem of you needing to get a Certificate of Approval from the Home Office before going along to the Register Office to give Notice of Intention to Marry there. Getting married would bring you within the terms of DP3/96, as long as the marriage precedes any enforcement action against you.

Finally, are you able to confirm that no enforcement action has been taken against you by the Home Office?
John

missmelanie
Newly Registered

Post by missmelanie » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:03 pm

not yet but i guess its just a matter of time

abib1
BANNED

Re: zimbabwean asylum seeker

Post by abib1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:24 am

missmelanie any update? i am asylum seeker as well

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: zimbabwean asylum seeker

Post by ohara » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:26 am

abib1 wrote:missmelanie any update? i am asylum seeker as well
Did you look at the date on the posts above? The thread is 10 years old and the original poster has not visited since 2007!!! :shock: