ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) Official Tax Document

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salmanhyder
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) Official Tax Document

Post by salmanhyder » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:31 am

Hi

I am an employee and applying for T1 extension. I need to show two documentary evidence for the earnings claimed for which I am showing my employer's letter and TAX document. I don't have bank statement as my employer pays me in cash on weekly basis, though I regularly receive payslip for each week.

I've got a P60 (2010-2011) which covers my tax paid from Jan 2011-April 2011. Now for the rest of the year 2011 what document do I need?. Policy says that it could be an "OFFICIAL LETTER produced by TAX authorities" for example Tax Refund or Tax Demand.

I've talked to my employer and he has given me (TAS generated) P11 Deduction Card which shows the following breakdown:
Weekly Pay
Total Pay
Taxable Pay
Total Tax
Tax Deducted/Refunded

My problem is that it is not "an official tax document produced by tax authorities" so I am not sure if it'll work.

Can anyone advise me on this.

Is it possible to request the HMRC to produce or endorse my tax record?

I NEED HELP!

tier1HS
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 (General) Official Tax Document

Post by tier1HS » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 am

salmanhyder wrote:Hi

I am an employee and applying for T1 extension. I need to show two documentary evidence for the earnings claimed for which I am showing my employer's letter and TAX document. I don't have bank statement as my employer pays me in cash on weekly basis, though I regularly receive payslip for each week.

I've got a P60 (2010-2011) which covers my tax paid from Jan 2011-April 2011. Now for the rest of the year 2011 what document do I need?. Policy says that it could be an "OFFICIAL LETTER produced by TAX authorities" for example Tax Refund or Tax Demand.

I've talked to my employer and he has given me (TAS generated) P11 Deduction Card which shows the following breakdown:
Weekly Pay
Total Pay
Taxable Pay
Total Tax
Tax Deducted/Refunded

My problem is that it is not "an official tax document produced by tax authorities" so I am not sure if it'll work.

Can anyone advise me on this.

Is it possible to request the HMRC to produce or endorse my tax record?

I NEED HELP!
The best is to produce original salary slips. Alternatively, please ask your employer to produce a letter in official headed paper, stating the monthly salaries (Gross and net - specified month-wise). The net specified should match the amount credited to your bank account for that month.

silverline

Post by silverline » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:40 pm

It's best to have second proof of your earning from a source other than employer. It could be HMRC or an accountant.

There could several ways to get HMRC to send you required information. They might intially refuse but remember HMRC is bound by law to disclose any information they hold about you.

Regards

ferri
Newly Registered

Post by ferri » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 am

Hi Silverline

[quote="silverline"]It's best to have second proof of your earning from a source other than employer. It could be HMRC or an accountant.

I wondering if you could solve my dilemma.I have my extension coming up next month.
Im an ACCA Affiliate working in an Accountancy firm.For my extension my earnings are from my Employment and Self-Employment.
So my dilemma is for my self employed earnings can I get my accounts prepared by my employer or should I get it prepared by another Accuntancy firm.
My gut feeling is that getting the accounts verified by my employer will be fine, but I still feel after reading your quote as well it might be a bit edgy.

Please shed any light on this issue.

silverline

Post by silverline » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi

To the best of my knowledge, there is nothing in rules that says you can't get your accounts done through your employer, being practising accountant. However if I would be you, I would avoid doing this as it could raise concerns which I hope you are already aware of.

ferri wrote:Hi Silverline
silverline wrote:It's best to have second proof of your earning from a source other than employer. It could be HMRC or an accountant.

I wondering if you could solve my dilemma.I have my extension coming up next month.
Im an ACCA Affiliate working in an Accountancy firm.For my extension my earnings are from my Employmeont and Self-Employment.
So my dilemma is for my self employed earnings can I get my accounts prepared by my employer or should I get it prepared by another Accuntancy firm.
My gut feeling is that getting the accounts verified by my employer will be fine, but I still feel after reading your quote as well it might be a bit edgy.

Please shed any light on this issue.

ferri
Newly Registered

Post by ferri » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Silverline.

I will probably get the accounts verified by another accountant just to be on the safe side.