ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Passport, no TOC - Do I need to inform UKBA?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MJNair

New Passport, no TOC - Do I need to inform UKBA?

Post by MJNair » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:51 am

Hi All,

I recently had my Indian Passport re-issued.
My current Tier 1 visa is in my old passport.

As per the UKBA site http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -passport/ I do not have to transfer my visa to my new passport.

However, do I have to inform them that I have a new passport - such as by faxing or mailing them?

BTW.. what does this mean? Found this in the UKBA site above:
Applying from inside the UK
We cannot transfer your residence permit to your new passport at passport control when you enter the UK. If you can prove that you are entitled to live here, the immigration officer at your port of entry will put a date stamp in your new passport. You must then send us an application form asking us to place a residence permit in your new passport. You must be in the UK when you make this application.
Does that mean that if I do not transfer my visa but travel abroad, I have to transfer my visa when I come back?

Thanks,
M J Nair

MB243

Post by MB243 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:04 pm

No need to inform UKBA that you have a new passport nor do you have to transfer the visa to the new passport.
Just carry both the passports whenever you leave or enter UK, if you want to avoid that hassle, apply for transferring visa to the new passport

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:12 pm

MB243 wrote:No need to inform UKBA that you have a new passport nor do you have to transfer the visa to the new passport.
Just carry both the passports whenever you leave or enter UK, if you want to avoid that hassle, apply for transferring visa to the new passport
This is true. My wife has got 4 passports. 1 new, 3 old. We always carry the latest 1 and the 1 before that as it has got the visa stamp. Never had a problem at the airports.

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies!

rpsarangi
Member of Standing

Post by rpsarangi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:59 am

no need to inform HO about the passport reissue. Always carry both passport and send both passport when you will apply for any other visa

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Thanks for your responses.

There is a section in the 'Change in Circumstances' form where you can fill in details of changes to your passport.

Are we meant to use this to update the HO when a new passport has been issued?