ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about spouse visa!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Omaricious

Questions about spouse visa!!!

Post by Omaricious » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:41 pm

hello, i'm new in the forum n i would like to ask some questions and i hope to get useful feedback from members here.

I am a moroccan willing to get married with a british citizen in the end of this year, the problem is she's still a student (doing her masters).

i am working in morocco since 2010 n i've been to the UK for a visit recently.

my question is : shud i apply for the visa untill she finds a job!?? or shud i apply jst after the marriage?? cud i apply while she's doin her masters n working part time??

one other question is how long is the procedure from applying to getting the visa?? and what do they require as docs etc..!!?

any information wud b appreciated.

thank you.

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:46 pm

any help??

hur575

Post by hur575 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm

What visa you want to apply for?? If it is spouse visa then you need to be married or plan to marry in 6 months when you get the fiancé visa. The application fom applying until getting decision will take anything between 60 working days to 120 working days ( most get it within the 60 days mark).

You need all the documents collected before you can apply, it is lengthy process. All information is in ukba site

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:32 pm

hi hur575
thanks for ur reply :)
i'm willing to apply for spouse visa as i am gettin married in morocco soon. my intention is to apply just after my wedding. bt my question is : since my wife works part time and still studying doing her masters (last year) wud they accept my application?? or shud i wait until my wife finds a full time job n then apply??
my other question is about the house, we r willing to dwell in her parents house which is a counsil house!! should that be ok?

thank you :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:51 pm

You will need to show how you will support yourselves financially if your wife is still studying. If you can't do this now, then wait until she is working and has regular earnings.
The council (as landlords) would have to agree in writing to you living there with proof that the accommodation won't be overcrowded.

Omaricious

Post by Omaricious » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 pm

thank u a lot Casa :)

i'll get back to you if there is any update :)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:07 pm

La shokran ala wajib...you're welcome. :wink: