ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant child - Main applicant visa expiry date short

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mghe

Dependant child - Main applicant visa expiry date short

Post by mghe » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:04 pm

Hi Friends,

First of all, hats off to all those lovely souls helping out the people in confusion and distress. Its a truly brilliant forum.

I am currently under the Tier 1 (G) visa in UK and I will be completing my 5yr period this August 2012. I am planning to go for my ILR by then. Recently, we have been blessed with a baby boy :) and the mother and child are back home(India). My wife is already having T1 dependant status until Aug 2012, I am planning to apply for a T1 dependant for my son from Cochin. My question : Is there a minimum period, say 3 or 6 months, that has to be present in the main applicants Visa? OR will the dependant visa be stamped to the date of the main applicant no matter when the dependant applies( provided not before expiry of course). The logic behind my thinking was to get him in the country and include him in my dependant list during the ILR.

Regards,

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:20 pm

mghe,

The dependants visa will always have the same end date as of the main applicant. It does not matter if it's your wife or son.

mghe

Post by mghe » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi QuickSam,
Thanks for the reply!!

My worry was that because I will be applying for his VISA by say APR/MAY 2012 from India and my Tier1 expires Aug 2012. So, there is only a short period in between, so you think that should not matter?

regards.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:45 pm

The period doesn't matter, as long as the main applicant has a valid visa. It hardly takes a month to get the applications processed from India.

mghe

Post by mghe » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:09 pm

:lol:
cheers!!! Quick Sam