ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Sollihull - 5 years on WP (24-Jan-2012)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vsh

ILR Success Sollihull - 5 years on WP (24-Jan-2012)

Post by vsh » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:39 pm

First of all I would like to thank this community for helping me throughout my ILR process.
My ILR was based on WP for 5 years with same employer.
On the day of appointment
Entered PEO at 9.15 for 9.30am appointment.
Called my number at 9.30 so we (me and my wife) went to the counter to be welcomed by friendly lady. She asked my wife how many weeks left? ( to avoid confusion let me tell you all that she is expecting).
She asked following documents in order.
1) SET(O) form, passport and photos.
2) Marriage Certificate and started filling check list she had.
3) Workpermit, LIUK certificate and Employer letter. She asked me are u still with same employer? I said yes. She checked employer letter and than printed SOC from the computer and asked me which pay category suits me best? I showed her the pay and she said ok. She than checked LIUK certificate and told us our score.
4) Last 3 Payslips.
5) Cohabitation documents covering last 2 years. I gave her council tax bills. she wanted something more recent so I gave her latest bank statement on joint name and she was happy with it.

After that she said those magical words i was waiting to hear. YOU WILL BE GRANTED ILR TODAY. Please pay fees at counter 6 and come back after 2 hours to collect documents. I paid fees and decided to stay in PEO.

Full process took approximately 10-15 minutes.

My number was called again at 11.00 to collect documents and passport with ILR.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Congrats !

thewolfman21

congrats

Post by thewolfman21 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:32 pm

congrats and thanks very much for sharing!

Yameen
Newly Registered

Re: congrats

Post by Yameen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Congratulations!

Mine is very very soon. Although, I should admit I didn't thought they would be really fussed about the marriage certificate as its the very basis why your dependent is with you. I don't think they would issue a visa from overseas without a valid marriage certificate. But anyways thats just my view.

Sup

Re: ILR Success Sollihull - 5 years on WP (24-Jan-2012)

Post by Sup » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:05 pm

She checked employer letter and than printed SOC from the computer and asked me which pay category suits me best? I showed her the pay and she said ok.

Congrats Vsh

Could please explain what exactly CW means by above ? Does CW show you one or more code and asked you to choose one? Can you please share your employer letter to us?

I am applying soon and bit confused which SOC code should I picked up?
My job title closely match two codes and both are nearly same in title but vast difference in pay and my employer did not want to match my salary with higher pay code as he think lower salary job description is fine but lawyer said it need to be higher in safer side!

please see following link for more details.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=94322

vinsha
Newly Registered

Post by vinsha » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 am

I am bit worried coz i dont have much documents of cohabitation...just got marriege certificate and couple of latter from NHS, do you think is that would be ok.....thanks

vsh

Re: congrats

Post by vsh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:49 am

Yameen wrote:Congratulations!

Mine is very very soon. Although, I should admit I didn't thought they would be really fussed about the marriage certificate as its the very basis why your dependent is with you. I don't think they would issue a visa from overseas without a valid marriage certificate. But anyways thats just my view.
I thought same. I was not really taking MC with me but thought why not take it with me with 100's of other documents just in case and it came handy so glad I took it with me.

vsh

Post by vsh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:51 am

vinsha wrote:I am bit worried coz i dont have much documents of cohabitation...just got marriege certificate and couple of latter from NHS, do you think is that would be ok.....thanks
She asked for documents covering last 2 years any docs will do so i gave her council tax bill as its on both names. if you have bank statement in joint name or even just your wifes name it should be ok. NHS letter should be ok if its covering all 2 years but they prefer 1 to be latest (this year or end of last year)

vsh

Re: ILR Success Sollihull - 5 years on WP (24-Jan-2012)

Post by vsh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:55 am

Sup wrote:
She checked employer letter and than printed SOC from the computer and asked me which pay category suits me best? I showed her the pay and she said ok.

Congrats Vsh

Could please explain what exactly CW means by above ? Does CW show you one or more code and asked you to choose one? Can you please share your employer letter to us?

I am applying soon and bit confused which SOC code should I picked up?
My job title closely match two codes and both are nearly same in title but vast difference in pay and my employer did not want to match my salary with higher pay code as he think lower salary job description is fine but lawyer said it need to be higher in safer side!

please see following link for more details.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=94322
No I had SOC 2121 on my employer letter. There are 8 different pay catagory starting from 20700 to 70000. She asked me which pay suits my role. It was all in my employer letter but she asked me so showed her the pay which suited my role and she said thats fine. Hope this helps.

vsh

Post by vsh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:57 am

Thank you very much to everyone...

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:36 pm

Congrats vsh ...

couple of question....

what did CW mean by
'She asked my wife how many weeks left? '
... was it for her to complete 2 years stay in uk ?

You mean she was ticking her checklist or noting down details ?

And did your latest co-hab document (bank statement) cover the full 2 years ???

Regards
Sunil

vsh

Post by vsh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:Congrats vsh ...

couple of question....

what did CW mean by
'She asked my wife how many weeks left? '
... was it for her to complete 2 years stay in uk ?

You mean she was ticking her checklist or noting down details ?

And did your latest co-hab document (bank statement) cover the full 2 years ???

Regards
Sunil
1. She asked her about baby. see my OP in brackets
2. She had checklist and was ticking boxes.Her checklist had extra space for additional information.
3. Bank statement was for december only as i provided council tax bills for previous years. My last council tax bill was dated march 2011 so she asked for something more recent.