ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Glasgow PEO - WP + HSMP+ Tier1 (24-Jan-2012)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chikky

ILR Success Glasgow PEO - WP + HSMP+ Tier1 (24-Jan-2012)

Post by Chikky » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Delighted to share the good news :-)

ILR granted this morning at Glasgow PEO office. Overall nice experience.

Our Scenario:
1. WP + HSMP + Tier 1
2. Main Applicant + 1 Adult dependant
3. No Major complications

Summary:
Appointment at 10:00 AM

reached PEO office at 9:30 and collected the token number. Case Worker called us within few mins.

Case worker was very polite and friendly. Asked us the following documents:
1. SET O form
2. LIUK test for me any my dependant
3. Employer Letter
4. Salary Slips
5. Bank Statements
6. Co-habitation proof

For Co-habitation i had carried almost 2 kg of paper work for last 2 years. The case worker did not see even a single document. All he saw was that me & my dependant had travelled to Europe few times and our travel out and return to UK was on same date. The case worker mentioned that this is more than enough to proof that you both stay together( Interesting Logic).

What a waste of 2 kg of evidence I was carrying :-) for co-habitation proof.

This PEO works slightly differently - So a word of caution for others.

When the case worker took all the documents he checked some details on the system and asked us some general questions. Then he said that he needs to carry out further checks and it might take about 1.5 hr. He asked to go out and come or sit in the office which ever is convenient to us. We decided to sit in the office.

Please note TILL this point the case worker did not comment anything on our case whether everything is fine or if anything is missing. All we were told is that further checks will be carried out.

We waited there for almost 3 hrs with no information and no update. After 3.5 hrs our token number was called and we were told your ILR has been granted and it is now stamped on your passport, here is your passport and original documents congratulations.

Surprisingly we were not informed earlier, the payment was deducted directly based on the information given on SET O form about the bank card details. Unlike other PEO office this office did not ask us to go an make the payment infact the payment was deducted and passport stamped already when we were called second time.

I have been tracking this forum for quite some time now and never saw any other PEO office following this process. What i mean is there is no different payment counter and we were not even informed earlier that payment will be deducted. We met the case worker only 2 times. First time he took all the documents and said further checks will be done please wait. Second time when we were called we were given our passports back with the ILR stamp on it.

Anways we were happy to get our ILR and dint bother the long wait nor about this strange way of working compared to other PEO offices :-)

Many thanks to this forum for valuable information and guidance and great good support from moderators. Our special thanks to the moderators.

P.S. There is plenty of free parking available just outside the Glasgow PEO office. There is also a nice coffee shop outside incase you go early and want to take coffee or tea or use their washroom/restroom

saadullah317
Newly Registered

Post by saadullah317 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Congratulations Chikky,

I booked my appointment for ILR at Glasgow PEO on 23/02/2012. I'm currently on WP old style on same eamployer from the past five years and have got my documentation ready.

I have a quick query. At the time I was granted my WP my role is graduate engineer and I'm still same. Employer confirms my salary is above code of practice but a wee bit nervous about codes of practice.

Please share your further thoughts on the experience.

Regards
SH

Chikky

Post by Chikky » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:55 pm

saadullah317 wrote:Congratulations Chikky,

I booked my appointment for ILR at Glasgow PEO on 23/02/2012. I'm currently on WP old style on same eamployer from the past five years and have got my documentation ready.

I have a quick query. At the time I was granted my WP my role is graduate engineer and I'm still same. Employer confirms my salary is above code of practice but a wee bit nervous about codes of practice.

Please share your further thoughts on the experience.

Regards
SH
The caseworker asked us what was my salary at the time of Tier1 application and also asked us our current salary. All they check is if there has been increase in the salary. They dont care about your position or your job title. As long as the salary shows increments you should be fine.

Cheers