ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Standard Acknowledgement Letter (SAL), please Help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zagoo2000

Lost Standard Acknowledgement Letter (SAL), please Help!

Post by zagoo2000 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi all, After, 10 years i am finally seeing some action from HO. They have called us at croydon for an ARC card assessment this friday and one of their requirement is this letter but sadly, i can't find it :'( i don't know what to do? what are the consequences? Is there anyway that this requirement can be satisfied??

many thanks

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:41 am

Over the years there has been huge fraudulent abuse of SALs, so UKBA try wherever possible to get them back when they are no longer required. If it was issued several years ago, they will probably accept that you have genuinely lost it, so I wouldn't worry too much, it probably won't make any difference to your ongoing case.

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 pm

i really hope if thats the case because i am a bit worried about it. i just don't want to be in an empty handed situation. i guess that was our proof that we were here since that day :-/ . i have got a copy of the initial asylum application on the basis of which i was given SAL. do you think i can take that copy (even though original is required) with me in case to show them??

also, are we allowed to work on ARC cards?
many thanks once again for your advice.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:24 pm

They will know from your fingerprints who you are, and obviously have a record of your asylum claim, but by all means take your copy paperwork with you. Try not to lose it.

Whether or not you are allowed to work will be indicated on the ARC card. If your claim has gone 10 years without a decision I would have thought that you had acquired the right to work

zagoo2000

Post by zagoo2000 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:57 pm

just to let you all know that we got the ARC card today finally and we were told that there will be a good news hopefully in the next few weeks.

btw we approached our local MPs many times over the last years but this time we had some good support from him. thanks