ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed due to family circumstances

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pgtown
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed due to family circumstances

Post by pgtown » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:53 am

Hi there,

Anyone know what I need to do to get the Home Office to expedite my application. My father has had a stroke and is in critical condition in hospital. I need to travel ASAP but the Home Office has my passport. I have filed my application on 19/12/2011 and provided biometrics on 6/01/2012 at post office.

I also sent a fax to 01142072536 with a letter explaining my circumstances and a confirmation from the hospital. Anything else I can do? I feel stuck and can't just sit here and wait. It feels inhumane that someone should need to fight for the right to go home and be with family in these circumstances.

Please please reply with any suggestions.

Thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:03 am

I am sorry to hear that your dad has had a stroke and I hope that he gets well soon. I do understand how you feel right now and I believe you would want to be with your dad right now rather than waiting for a decision from UKBA.

This might sound rude but I don't intend it that way. UKBA is generally not concerned with these sort of conditions arising after an applicant has made an application. If they expedite the process for one person based on circumstantial evidence, don't you think there will be others trying to fake the same.

The case worker might consider the circumstantial evidence and expedite the process for you but this might just be an exception and there is generally no process and guarantee for the same.

UKBA clearly states that in case of emergency travel, you would have to request UKBA to return your passport. This in turn would mean that you are withdrawing your application.

You need to decide on your priorities in life in such a situation where you have to choose. Choose well !

**On a personal note: I hope your dad gets well soon and my gut feeling says that you should be getting your passport within a week or two.

bandihareesh
Newly Registered

Return of documents (Tier 2 Visa extension)

Post by bandihareesh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi, I am in UK on a tier 2 (ICT) visa. The Visa expired on 30-Jan-2012 and hence have initiated extension in mid January itself. All documents were filed with immigration authorities on 20-Jan-2012.

Now, I have got an offer from a new employer and the location is outside UK. I have resigned for my current job and am serving the notice period. My last day will be 10-March-2012.

My passports are currently with immigration for tier 2 (ICT) Visa extension. I have not yet received biometris letter and the possibility of getting back passports by 10-March-2012 is very less. If I have to necessarily travel and join the new employer (outside UK) on 12 - 15th March,

(1) should I opt for Return of documents? (in UKBA site, it is mentioned that, if this is opted, the documents will be returned on the same day or in 2 days, but extension will be broken) (anyways, I am moving out of UK and do not require Visa)

(2) If UKBA returns the passport, Can I stay for 4-5 days and make the travel to my country. My only concern is - since Visa got expired on 30-Jan-2012, what supporting documents I will have to show to immigration in airport to prove that I have not overstayed and that I have applied and have withdrawan the visa extension since I am moving out of UK on a new employement.

would be grateful if someone can reply to my above queries.

- Bandihareesh

sts96508
Member of Standing

Re: Return of documents (Tier 2 Visa extension)

Post by sts96508 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:26 pm

bandihareesh wrote:Hi, I am in UK on a tier 2 (ICT) visa. The Visa expired on 30-Jan-2012 and hence have initiated extension in mid January itself. All documents were filed with immigration authorities on 20-Jan-2012.

Now, I have got an offer from a new employer and the location is outside UK. I have resigned for my current job and am serving the notice period. My last day will be 10-March-2012.

My passports are currently with immigration for tier 2 (ICT) Visa extension. I have not yet received biometris letter and the possibility of getting back passports by 10-March-2012 is very less. If I have to necessarily travel and join the new employer (outside UK) on 12 - 15th March,

(1) should I opt for Return of documents? (in UKBA site, it is mentioned that, if this is opted, the documents will be returned on the same day or in 2 days, but extension will be broken) (anyways, I am moving out of UK and do not require Visa)

(2) If UKBA returns the passport, Can I stay for 4-5 days and make the travel to my country. My only concern is - since Visa got expired on 30-Jan-2012, what supporting documents I will have to show to immigration in airport to prove that I have not overstayed and that I have applied and have withdrawan the visa extension since I am moving out of UK on a new employement.

would be grateful if someone can reply to my above queries.

- Bandihareesh
which country's immigration are you talking about ? UK or the country you are going to ?

I have exited UK three times in the past couple of years and never had to go through immigration.

bandihareesh
Newly Registered

Return of documents

Post by bandihareesh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi,

I am referring to UK immigration. While leaving the country, do they ask why did you stay for 1.5 months after your Visa has expired?

Will Home office give me some letter (or) any proof which gives an evidence that I have actually applied for visa extension before it expired and then later decided to withdraw since I do not require it.

sts96508
Member of Standing

Post by sts96508 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:56 pm

check with others, but I dont think you have to go through immigration desk when leaving UK, so there is no question of being asked why you overstayed etc.

Keep evidence of your application handy - like acknowledgement letter, biometric letter so you can explain to anybody if challenged that you withdrew your application and so stayed only for the minimum time needed to make travel arrangements out of the country.

good luck in your next job in another country, UK is becoming worse by the day for T1 immigrants!

bandihareesh
Newly Registered

Post by bandihareesh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:08 pm

sts96508 wrote:check with others, but I dont think you have to go through immigration desk when leaving UK, so there is no question of being asked why you overstayed etc.

Keep evidence of your application handy - like acknowledgement letter, biometric letter so you can explain to anybody if challenged that you withdrew your application and so stayed only for the minimum time needed to make travel arrangements out of the country.

good luck in your next job in another country, UK is becoming worse by the day for T1 immigrants!
Thanks buddy for the wishes and for the reply. I'll ensure to check with others, as well, keep the documents handy during my travel back.

MB243

Re: Return of documents

Post by MB243 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:16 pm

bandihareesh wrote:Hi,

I am referring to UK immigration. While leaving the country, do they ask why did you stay for 1.5 months after your Visa has expired?

Will Home office give me some letter (or) any proof which gives an evidence that I have actually applied for visa extension before it expired and then later decided to withdraw since I do not require it.
You will have to go through UK immigration who will check if you had leave to remain. Since your docs were with HO when your leave expired, you automatically have leave to remain under Section 3C of the Immigration Act until a decision is reached on your application.

You can show the letter you send to UKBA for return of docs & UKBA will also include a covering letter stating that you are withdrawing your application

Goodluck

bandihareesh
Newly Registered

Re: Return of documents

Post by bandihareesh » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:05 pm

MB243 wrote:
bandihareesh wrote:Hi,

You will have to go through UK immigration who will check if you had leave to remain. Since your docs were with HO when your leave expired, you automatically have leave to remain under Section 3C of the Immigration Act until a decision is reached on your application.

You can show the letter you send to UKBA for return of docs & UKBA will also include a covering letter stating that you are withdrawing your application

Goodluck
Thanks. I have gone through section 3C as suggested. It says, "It will be treated as withdrawn as soon as the passport has been returned in
response to the request. Section 3C leave will end immediately".

Within how many days should I leave UK? If I need 3-5 days time (from the day of return of passport) to arrange for travel, Is that acceptable?