ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage (easy part) - VISA Process (hard part) - HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Marriage (easy part) - VISA Process (hard part) - HELP

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi all....

Could really do with any help possible....

I am a UK Citizen (UK Passport holder) and have just got married in India (31/12/2011, New Years Eve), My wife is born and lives in India (Gujarat)

She already holds a passport I got her to apply for one back in March when we first got engaged. So we have sent that off now to get her name changed to mine (middle name only) Soon as we have that back we want to start the VISA process.

These are the documents I have left behind in India, is there anything I am missing from the below? And also anyone who has already gone through the process how lond does it take? I have read a few stories where they got it back in a month and then a few where taken longer. Any success stories would be greatly appreciated. Need all teh confidence I can get.

Mine
Birth certificate
Passport (all pages) signed by a solicitor
Bank statments - 12 months
Savings statements
Pay slips - 12 months
Letter from my two business partners
Company statments / Registered name certificate for company
Coucil Tax Bill for house
Land Registry certificate
Few different bills for the House (Gas, Electricty etc) - Some are in my name and some are in my mum and dads name
Letter from my Parents
Letter from my finance director in my company, comfirming salary etc
Loads of Raspberry Messenger print outs
Telephone records
Photos of my home (inside and Outside)
Photos of our engagment in March 2011, Photos of a 10 day trip in September, photos of our wedding on 31st Dec and photos of our honeymoon.
A 6 page sponsorship letter from my self.
Wedding invitation from Wife (Sent from Indian to London)

Hers
IELTS Certificate (5 band) - Is that enough?
Birth Certificate
University leaving certificate
Passport (with name changed)
Voting Card
Wedding invitation from me (Sent from London to India)

Joint
Marriage certificate
Email correspondance
Joint bank forms we set up in India with ICICI after the wedding (we deposited all the money we got in the wedding)

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for all yoru help in Advance....

PP

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi pazpatel

wow, that's a big list and a lot more then the requirements but that's fine.

The only things I would like you to add is the following:

Photos of my home (inside and Outside) should be accompanied by details of the property i.e. number of bedrooms, measurement of all the rooms i.e. bedrooms and living rooms etc. However if you can get a house inspection report that would be even better, which usually covers all these aspects.

IELTS (band 5) is good for Spouse VISA - You need at least 4.0 in all four modules of IELTS to pass the requirements.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

hur575

Post by hur575 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

The only thing I can’t see is mortgage statements for owned house or rent book/ tenancy agreement for rental property. Is it your parents house and they allowing you to stay with them ?

wow 6 page sponsorship letter??? :shock:

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Thanks for the quick response, how do I get a inspection report do you know? I have written a letter from my mum and dad which states the number of rooms, who lives in the roomes and house etc etc. I can easily re write it to include sizes. What do you think?

And finally do you know the process and how long it takes?

Have you also gone through this process? Are you a UK citizen?

Her overall is 5.0 for IELTS but I think she got 3.5 in one module, what do you think?

Thanks a million

Paras

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:06 pm

I have included mortage documents, sorry I forgot to put that, I have a letter from mum and dad saying they own the house (Land Registry doc's) and confirming they are happy for me to stay at home with my wife. I have another house but it is rented and plan to leave it as that.

I have also included bills, and a mortage statment.

The 6 page letter also has some pictures and it is written from teh heart so hopefully it will help. Going to write another now to, to send as that was written as before the wedding, now I will add one as after the wedding and returning to London.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Here is the list of approved English Test providers by UKBA:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

It mentioned 4.0 for all IELTS modules that is classed for B1. Although this is well above A1, IELTS does not provide a scaling to measure A1 grades. I am not sure whether it will be looked up by the ECO positively. Having said that the most important parts from the 4 modules for UKBA are Speaking and Listening. However I am not sure whether they would accept 3.5 in one of the modules.

House inspection report:

People have submitted papers and got VISA by giving the details themselves as well. So this is not a hard requirement, since it has worked with some people. However I would recommend to get it done if you have the time and money, it can cost around £200 from an estate agent to get it done.

The report basically details dimensions of all the rooms, in the similar fashion as below:

Ground Floor:
Lounge (size)
Stairs
WC

First Floor:
Bedroom 1 (size)
Bedroom 2 (size)

etc...
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Post by pazpatel » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks for the advice so far all very much appreciated, anyone else got any hints?

Does anyone know any rough idea on waiting times for the UK Spouse VISA?

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:49 pm

The process is normally upto 90 days for a decision from date of application, with a strightfroward application to take approx 6-7 weeks from submission date.

For ILETS need band 4.0 min in speaking and listening.

Worth getting a house inspection report