ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Extention - Document Query - Residence Proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kthadesh
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Extention - Document Query - Residence Proof

Post by kthadesh » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi,

I am applying for my Tier 1 General Extention and my wife's Dependent Visa extension through Permits2Work.

They asked me for

1- Proof of co-habitation
2- "Lease agreement or recent mortgage statement"

Are these documents really required ? PLease help.

kthadesh
Newly Registered

please help.

Post by kthadesh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:02 am

Hi

Please help with my query...

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:23 am

Proof of cohabitation is nothing but a proof to say that the two of you stay at the same address. You would already be including your bank statements, In case your wife is registered in NHS or has a bank account you can include the NHS registration letter and /or he Bank account statement for her address proof.

Lease agreement could either be in main applicant's name or dependant's name or else made in the names of both main applicant and dependant.

These documents do have significance if you are applying separately for the dependant. In case you are applying together, it is good to include these documents to support your case or else include just one of them and your marriage certificate.

For the dependant, the main applicant can provide a letter stating that he/she will be responsible for the dependant's expenses in case the dependant is not working and they don't have any recourse to public funds. The dependant should also write a cover letter providing the details.

These should be good enough when you are applying together.

kthadesh
Newly Registered

Post by kthadesh » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:47 pm

QuickSam wrote:Proof of cohabitation is nothing but a proof to say that the two of you stay at the same address. You would already be including your bank statements, In case your wife is registered in NHS or has a bank account you can include the NHS registration letter and /or he Bank account statement for her address proof.

Lease agreement could either be in main applicant's name or dependant's name or else made in the names of both main applicant and dependant.

These documents do have significance if you are applying separately for the dependant. In case you are applying together, it is good to include these documents to support your case or else include just one of them and your marriage certificate.

For the dependant, the main applicant can provide a letter stating that he/she will be responsible for the dependant's expenses in case the dependant is not working and they don't have any recourse to public funds. The dependant should also write a cover letter providing the details.

thank you Sam. I'll do that.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:57 pm

QuickSam wrote:.

Hello Sam
Is it mandatory to provide a marriage certificate again. Marriage certificate was given in initial Tier 1 (G) dependent application. It is really mandatory to provide it again? Would you have knowledge if someone has been rejected for not providing this again? (as you are a senior member I am assuming someone would have asked this before)
I am going to provide a tenancy agreement, and NHS documents for her application. I will be provided the bank statements and other documents required for main applicant with my form. We both would apply together by post
Your advise would be appreciated

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:25 pm

silent_warrior wrote:
QuickSam wrote:.

Hello Sam
Is it mandatory to provide a marriage certificate again. Marriage certificate was given in initial Tier 1 (G) dependent application. It is really mandatory to provide it again? Would you have knowledge if someone has been rejected for not providing this again? (as you are a senior member I am assuming someone would have asked this before)
I am going to provide a tenancy agreement, and NHS documents for her application. I will be provided the bank statements and other documents required for main applicant with my form. We both would apply together by post
Your advise would be appreciated
I didn't consider sending proof of address for the dependents (wife n kid) but what seeing here on the forum, it seems sending NHS registration page won't hurt, or anyother letter mentioning the same postal address, as the main applicant won't suffix?