ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

?? My Name on certificate of naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

v emmy

?? My Name on certificate of naturalisation

Post by v emmy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 pm

My full name is not noted in letter received last Friday(yea!! finally!) that the Minister intends to grant my appl for cert of naturalisation.

If I request my middle name to be spelled out, will it delay my progress toward a ceremony appointment and the Certificate if I include the request along with the bank draft, GNIB card and photos?

The letter says:
  • "Please note that your name will appear on the certificate as First M. Surname."
Every official form that identifies me uses all 3 full names, i.e., "First Middle Surname" (US passports, GNIB cards, every place on my application, every work permit, etc).

I'm guessing that they do not print certificates prior to receipt of bank draft, etc. They can see full name on GNIB card. I'm also making an assumption that my Irish passport will have to reflect my name as it appears on the Certificate.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

adlexy

Re: ?? My Name on certificate of naturalisation

Post by adlexy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:11 am

v emmy wrote:My full name is not noted in letter received last Friday(yea!! finally!) that the Minister intends to grant my appl for cert of naturalisation.

If I request my middle name to be spelled out, will it delay my progress toward a ceremony appointment and the Certificate if I include the request along with the bank draft, GNIB card and photos?

The letter says:
  • "Please note that your name will appear on the certificate as First M. Surname."
Every official form that identifies me uses all 3 full names, i.e., "First Middle Surname" (US passports, GNIB cards, every place on my application, every work permit, etc).

I'm guessing that they do not print certificates prior to receipt of bank draft, etc. They can see full name on GNIB card. I'm also making an assumption that my Irish passport will have to reflect my name as it appears on the Certificate.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows.
Congratulations!

What are your timelines from submission to receiving the letter?

I am sure if you included a letter and let them know you prefer your full names, they should get that sorted for you.

Except of course, they are too tired to type in a middle name :)

v emmy

Re: ?? My Name on certificate of naturalisation

Post by v emmy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:10 am

adlexy wrote: What are your timelines from submission to receiving the letter?
I am sure if you included a letter and let them know you prefer your full names, they should get that sorted for you.
Sorry for slow reply.
Timeline from submission to receiving the letter = 26 months

I felt sure they could/would use my full name if requested. I added the note w/ explanation and request to bank draft etc.

My question was will it delay my progress toward a ceremony appointment? Just curious.

I realise once we've received notice of intention to approve that our questions are not as important as fellow immigrants who have difficult situations (been there done that), but after all this time and effort, it's important to me to know if the request will delay my appt for the Oath, etc.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:50 am

Yes I think it could delay things. Usually they use the name EXACTLY as it is on your Birth Cert. When you apply for your Irish PP, you can show them all the documentation with your middle name on it, and they may agree to putting it on your Passport. Otherwise, you can do a Deed Poll to change your name. This is relatively easy. A solicitor should do it for you for around €50 plus €32 tax.

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:33 am

No delay!

I attached a post-it note to my €950, etc requesting my full name as it's that way on every other important document (birth cert, passport,etc) .

Two weeks later, I received my Oath date of 1 April.

Unless there is an Oath date in Dublin in March, I don't think my request caused a delay. 1 April is fine with me, regardless.

KODO
Newly Registered

Post by KODO » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:26 pm

v emmy wrote:No delay!

I attached a post-it note to my €950, etc requesting my full name as it's that way on every other important document (birth cert, passport,etc) .

Two weeks later, I received my Oath date of 1 April.

Unless there is an Oath date in Dublin in March, I don't think my request caused a delay. 1 April is fine with me, regardless.
congrats v emmy ...pls which day did you receivei letter of invitation?i pay 950 euros about 10 days ago but i didnt get invitation yet...i got approval on 17/02/12 thanks

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:05 am

Thanks KODO.

The answer is 2 weeks from the date they received my €950 etc.

I sent my €950 etc. by registered post, so I could know when it was received by tracking online via anpost.ie.

Exactly two weeks after they received it, I received the letter acknowledging receipt and the date of the citizenship ceremony I am to attend. I don't know if my name correction delayed it a day or two or not.

I'm being pedantic, but I wouldn't call it an "invitation" since it clearly states that "Attending a citizenship ceremony is mandatory." It's more like an appointment for 1 April. However it also begins the main body of the text saying, "I am pleased to inform you..." That is nice.

Regardless of whether it's an invitation or an appointment or a command performance, I am delighted, relieved, and grateful that I'm one month away from being an Irish citizen.

Good luck!

rlow68

Post by rlow68 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:05 pm

v emmy wrote:Thanks KODO.

I sent my €950 etc. by registered post, so I could know when it was received by tracking online via anpost.ie.

Exactly two weeks after they received it, I received the letter acknowledging receipt and the date of the citizenship ceremony I am to attend. I don't know if my name correction delayed it a day or two or not.

I'm being pedantic, but I wouldn't call it an "invitation" since it clearly states that "Attending a citizenship ceremony is mandatory." It's more like an appointment for 1 April. However it also begins the main body of the text saying, "I am pleased to inform you..." That is nice.

Regardless of whether it's an invitation or an appointment or a command performance, I am delighted, relieved, and grateful that I'm one month away from being an Irish citizen.

Good luck!
1st April 2012 is sunday, do they hold swearing ceremonies on sundays, or there is a mistake somewhere.?

xxxtieee

Post by xxxtieee » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 am

rlow68 wrote:
v emmy wrote:Thanks KODO.

Good luck!
1st April 2012 is sunday, do they hold swearing ceremonies on sundays, or there is a mistake somewhere.?
There are over a 1000 people invited for the Sunday oath. So, I don't think that this is a state sponsored April Fools celebration.

Also, i think it is a good move because, many of us will not have to lose an annual leave to attend this.
-xxxtieee-