ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

is business analyst a grad level job

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dolphin_m70

is business analyst a grad level job

Post by dolphin_m70 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:06 am

Hi all
This is my first post. I had applied for HSMP but it was rejected recently.
The reason they say is Business Analyst job is not a grad level job
i had put 4 yrs exp cert from my employers staing that i have worked for them for the resp yrs as a business analyst and as far as i know a BA requires a graduation atleast.

then i cant understand y they have rejected
they say in there reply letter that they r not satisfied that the exp letter given by the employers doesnt specify that it is a grad level job.
i already had one review

wht do u guys thk ,shud i apply for another review or shud i apply a fresh one with a diff type of exp letter from my employers

thx

replyami

Post by replyami » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:34 am

Job title as "Business Analyst" is not suffecient.
Experience letter should specify roles and responsibilities equivalent to graduate level.

Click on the link for detailed descriptions on what is considered graduate level work and what isn't

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/docume ... iew=Binary

regards
AMI

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:11 pm

hi
thx for the reply
but is there any specific format for the experience certificate which shud b followed, bcoz the companies dont give exp certificates acc to the caseworkers guidelines.
i wud have to mail them this format then i can get it done
cud anyone pls suggest any site or link
tht wud b very helpful

thx

replyami

Post by replyami » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:44 pm

There is no specific format, but the duties and responsibilities you had should themselves specify that they are graduate level.

Also see the link

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... s+software

You may find most of the information in this forum, just use the search.

regards
AMI

moodz
Newly Registered

Post by moodz » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:37 am

Alright just a quick question here, I haven't applied yet. I have 2 years of "Graduate Trainee" position, as the name implies, a minimum educational background of a BSc is required.

I have attached the job description, responsibilities in addition to an ad from the bank's website for the same position, all of which are stating that a degree is required.

Is that sufficient enough? Or does the job actually has to be "Graduate Level" by the caseworker's assessment?

replyami

Post by replyami » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:52 am

Bsc should be expanded to Bachelor of Science, some caseworkers may not assume this.

And "Graduate Trainee", may or may not be treated as graduate level work(some one on the forum may answer this).

The job actually has to be "Graduate Level" by the caseworker's assessment.

regards
AMI

dolphin_m70

Post by dolphin_m70 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:12 pm

"Graduate trainee " wont be accepted as a graduate level job. bcoz the case worker goes according to the guidance provided to him/her.
bcoz graduate trainee positions can be done by a non-grad as well which is wht they'll conclude.
im a Business Analyst and i have 4 yrs exp and the min req for a business analyst is degree level but still my app got rejected.bcoz they think it is not gradute level job as it was not specified in my exp cert by my employer.
so pls make sure tht u do ur research well b4 applying to avoid the later disappointment.
wish u luck :lol: