ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with my next step on fiancee visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jp70

Help with my next step on fiancee visa

Post by jp70 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi, I have been in a daily phone/internet contact with one woman for almost 2 years now. She is from Africa and I visited her there last summer for one week. I am not a british citizen but from Europe and been living in the UK for 9 years. Now I am not sure what is the best next step getting a fiancee Visa for her in the UK (or marry her in her country perhaps? - although we will not stay there so this would be a quick stay there as we want to live in the UK).

I have a full time work and I get about £1000 per month (after tax). I pay back my loans/credit cards about £200 every month. My account is negative about £500. Credit card accounts negative about £1200. I have a £4000 loan which I am paying back. But after all bills I do have some savings each month (couple of hundreds).

I was a bit surprised when I asked one visa helping company as they said that my income is ok for a fiancee visa and my loans are not a problem. Is this really true?

Some say that if you have met somebody for only 1 week then getting visa is difficult. So should I first visit here a second time (another week) and apply fiancee visa after that (I could easily get a visitor visa to her country but it might be difficult for her to get one to the UK)? Or I can apply fiancee visa immeditely? Although I would rather go for a fiancee visa immediately as it would save time and money.

Would a bank or a friend/brothers loan (like £3000) be a negative or a positive thing here for supporting her to stay in the UK? If she gets married here then she can start working and we can pay that loan back. Or I do not need any loans?

thanks
Am greatfull for any answers and will keep you informed how its going.

jp70

Post by jp70 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:17 pm

The first post describes my situation. Now I found cheap flights to Africa, so I am considering to meet her second time. Obviously it would be better for her to visit the UK to see this place, but on the other hand its much more easier for me to just buy a visa to Africa (hassle free).

But am just thinking, that is it better for the future fiancee visa that she visits the UK as a visitor first? Or it does not matter? Does it matter where we meet? Is it a plus if we can say on fiancee visa application that she visited the UK before? So which one is better:

a) I visited her in Africa 2 times - one week each time
b) I visited her in Africa for 1 week and she visited me in the UK for one week

flyguy

Post by flyguy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:47 pm

You should have at least met once in person. Internet relationshsips without meeting usually result in a refusal.

Also try to get your finances in order as you need 3 - 6 months of bank statements and wage slips, and would try to add a P60 to your application as well.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Please note the extensive advice the OP has already recieved on numerous posts on the same subject