ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adi_khaneng

ILR application

Post by adi_khaneng » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:41 am

I will be applying for ILR in June 2012 on Tier 2 (General). I have a question regarding my wife ILR.

I got Married in May 2010 and my wife dependent visa was granted in June 2010. She entered UK for the first time in Sep 10. This was due to the fact that Pakistan at that time faced the worse flood & famine crisis and my wife being a doctor she decided to volunteer herself to help distress people around Pakistan.

I called home office and ask about this, they lady was very helpful. She advised to get a letter from the team leader of the doctor’s team which we did last year and also she advised to have some newspapers cutting (references) i.e. BBC, UK Red Cross, etc.

Now my questions are

1). Can I ask UKBA to consider my wife application and apply discretion in her case as her visa was issued in June 2010 and she entered UK within 3 months of her visa being granted.

2). If I add my wife on the application form will this be a problem for me or will they refuse her application only and grant me an ILR.

3). I was on old work permit scheme and changed my visa to Tier 2 in OCT 09 due to my responsibilities at work, is there any other possibility way we can ask UKBA to consider her application.

We both are giving LIUK test soon. Any thoughts or advice will be highly appreciated.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:03 pm

any advice seniors. Plz

thewolfman21

suggestion

Post by thewolfman21 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Hi - I suggest to put forward your application in person and try to get a place in solihull office as you pay after you are told the decision. In worst case if her application is refused do allow time to make her dependent of settled person application for which go 2-3 weeks before expiry of your current visa as you can apply upto 28 days in advance.

Hope this helps!

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:36 pm

Thanks for your reply thewolfman, hihgly appreciated.

If anyone had the similar experience. Please share. Thanks.