ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

really worried looking for the suggestion

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ujjal

really worried looking for the suggestion

Post by ujjal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:01 am

dear sir/madam
i am getting problem from UKBA. i got the visa on 2nd september 2011 and supposed to get the visa for until 23 april 2013 but i got the visa just for until 23 april 2011. i took the folling steps:

1 i write a letter to the case worker reporting the error.
2 got reply on 28 th september that the issue expire date was correct and came to know that the college had made a mistake on course end date while getting CAS through their online management system (it should be dec 2012 but they write dec 2011)
3 the college write a letter requesting for the correction of the error and send my and my dependent BRP and passport back with photos to the case worker on 3rd of november but i havent heard anything from them to the date.

so i am really worried and loooking for the advice that what i can do.

i also write a letter to them on 10 dec 2011 but even though they dunt reply me back

too much worried..............
looking for help[/u]

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:15 pm

your university are helping you deal with this so I suggest you speak to them - no one here can realyl help. I assume you mean your leave expires in April 2012 not 2011. UKBA would not usually amend an expiry date where the university or applicant was to blame for the error, they would expect you to make another application to extend your leave, if this happens then you may wish to ask your university to pay the application fee although presumably you did have a copy of the information in your CAS when you made this application so the university may say that you also had a responsibility to check that the information as correct?

ujjal

Post by ujjal » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:13 pm

thank you for the suggestion
yes you r right it expires on april 2012.
but my college give me the cas letter on their letter head. on that they write them correctly an i send them the same which was correct but latter when UKBA tell me about the course end date i.e dec 2011 i went to college and they check for that and come to know that they had made a mistake while entring the details on getting CAS number. so i think i am not responsible for that.

Next thing is i dun have my passport so how can i get back it. what is the process for the.

ujjal

Post by ujjal » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:35 am

Can any one advice me that wht happen in my case if I. Asked my passport back n apply for tier 2 general work permit.