ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Demha
Newly Registered

Life in the UK

Post by Demha » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Some advice please
Just got test result pass letter but middle name is not on the test result.
Stupid me did not include middle name when registering for test on computer.
Everything else is okay, like d.o.b, postcode etc
Will this be an issue and do I have to redo the darn test and waste more money to UKBA. Am applying under SETM

Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:05 pm

It wont matter.

Sunimal02

Post by Sunimal02 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi Casa,

I have similar kind of question.

My wife did exam this morning, but in the certificate it has only 2 of her firtsnames and the surname.

Eg: Firstnames - AAA BBB CCC
Surname - DDD

AAA is an inheribale name from her family and it is not a firstname eventhough in the passport. Her usual firstnames are 'BBB' and 'CCC'

In the certificate it is pinted the firstnames as 'BBB CCC', is this a problem? All other information such as postcode, birthdate, birth place is correct.

Thanks in advance.
Suni

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:52 am

I would suggest you to request SAR file. In your SAR file you will find your test result. If it's in your SAR file then there will be no Problem.

nnj10

Re: Life in the UK

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:53 am

I too have my middle name missing.
So in my test pass certificate it just mentions my first name and surname.
whereas my passport has my middle name included, so does my residence permit.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:43 am

angelloveguy wrote:I would suggest you to request SAR file. In your SAR file you will find your test result. If it's in your SAR file then there will be no Problem.
why would a life in the UK test be in a persons home office file if she has not used it in an application to the ukba yet? And why would the mere fact that the document is in the file mean it would be accepted?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Life in the UK

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:44 am

nnj10 wrote:I too have my middle name missing.
So in my test pass certificate it just mentions my first name and surname.
whereas my passport has my middle name included, so does my residence permit.
if it matches the name in your residence permit and the only difference is the middle name it shouldn't be a problem

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:47 am

Sunimal02 wrote:Hi Casa,

I have similar kind of question.

My wife did exam this morning, but in the certificate it has only 2 of her firtsnames and the surname.

Eg: Firstnames - AAA BBB CCC
Surname - DDD

AAA is an inheribale name from her family and it is not a firstname eventhough in the passport. Her usual firstnames are 'BBB' and 'CCC'

In the certificate it is pinted the firstnames as 'BBB CCC', is this a problem? All other information such as postcode, birthdate, birth place is correct.

Thanks in advance.
Suni
what name did your wife use to apply for her visa/leave to remain and what name appears on her visa/residence permit?

Sunimal02

Post by Sunimal02 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi,

her current passport stam visa displays A B C DDD (A,B,C is the initials according to my example), acoording to my example. Also when we will be applying for settlement, we will be enter the firnames as AAA BBB CCC and her surname DDD.

Thanks
Suni

Sunimal02

Post by Sunimal02 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:10 pm

what name did your wife use to apply for her visa/leave to remain and what name appears on her visa/residence permit?
Hi,

her current passport stamp visa displays A B C DDD (A,B,C is the initials according to my example). Also when we will be applying for settlement, we will be enter the firnames as AAA BBB CCC and her surname DDD as we did leave to remain last time.

Thanks
Suni

Sunimal02

Post by Sunimal02 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi Greenie or anyone else,

Could you please advice on my case?

Thanks
Suni

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:31 am

Sunimal02 wrote:Hi Greenie or anyone else,

Could you please advice on my case?

Thanks
Suni
Can You log back to LIUK website and see whether her first name is still displayed as BBB CCC, if so like me/us, she also made a mistake in entering her name.
Even though you take passport or other form of ID to exam centre they will print the name details as you have entered on LIUK website while making a test booking.

I am going to give a call to LIUK on monday on 0800 015 4245
(Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm), and see if they can reprint the certificate with full name and post it.
Alternately will have to either risk it by not doing anything or take another test and make sure name you enter in the website is the one you want. And let the exam supervisor know the same before you take the exam at the centre.

Sunimal02

Post by Sunimal02 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi,

I have called to Life in the UK help line. They said the way name appears on my wife's certificate is ok.

Also I have went to the centre which took the exam and explained. As they can remember my wife did the exam recently, they have taken a photocopy of my wife's passport and put the signature and official seal same as on the certificate.

Hopefully fingures are crossed now. Hope this information will help anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks
Suni