ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born In UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dms_sbs

Child Born In UK

Post by dms_sbs » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:30 pm

Hi,
I need help from seniors.
My daughter was born in UK in Nov 2011. I am on Tier 2 general visa and would be applying for my ILR in June 2012. My wife is on dependent visa. We are not going to INDIA this year so child would not be traveling at all this year. My question is do I need to inform home office for additional dependent in uk.
I want to get her British passport once we get our ILR. So do I need to apply for Indian passport first for her and get it stamped during ILR application or can I just wait for our ILR and apply for her British passport later.
I tried to look in UKBA but did not find link.
Is it ok if we dont apply for Indian passport now and do not declare her in our ILR application and then get her British passport. Because I think it would save us more money.
Please advice on this.

nnj10

Re: Child Born In UK

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:42 pm

dms_sbs wrote:Hi,
I need help from seniors.
My daughter was born in UK in Nov 2011. I am on Tier 2 general visa and would be applying for my ILR in June 2012. My wife is on dependent visa. We are not going to INDIA this year so child would not be traveling at all this year. My question is do I need to inform home office for additional dependent in uk.
I want to get her British passport once we get our ILR. So do I need to apply for Indian passport first for her and get it stamped during ILR application or can I just wait for our ILR and apply for her British passport later.
I tried to look in UKBA but did not find link.
Is it ok if we dont apply for Indian passport now and do not declare her in our ILR application and then get her British passport. Because I think it would save us more money.
Please advice on this.
It is possible to do everything you said.
Look at Form MN1 and associated guidance on UKBA website.

vinny

Re: Child Born In UK

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:29 pm

dms_sbs wrote:Is it ok if we dont apply for Indian passport now and do not declare her in our ILR application and then get her British passport. Because I think it would save us more money.
Please advice on this.
Ok for child to skip applying for leave to remain. After you're granted ILR, register child as a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adnanjamil
Newly Registered

Feedback

Post by adnanjamil » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:35 pm

I think if either of the Parent has ILR or British Passport, child is eligible for British Passport. I have read this some where in Home Office website.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:59 pm

Depends on parent's status at the time of child's birth.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.