ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Double citizenship and marriage.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SunIsInTheSky
Newly Registered

Double citizenship and marriage.

Post by SunIsInTheSky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:38 am

Hi!

I'd like to ask for some general information.
I have double citizenship, Romanian and Hungarian. The Hungarian citizenship grants me the possibility to take up any lawful employment in the UK, because Hungary is part of EEA (European Economic Area), but the Romanian one does not.
My boyfriend has only Romanian(citizenship), and we were thinking of getting married in order for him to have the same rights in UK.
Where should we get married in order to make everything easier? In our country(Romania) or in UK? Because I think that if we'll get married here, in Romania, we would have to translate all the paperwork and extra waiting time and all that kind of bureaucracy.
And something else, could we even manage to get married in UK? If we are not residents or citizens of it?
And the right to work without waiting for the UKBA to pass him any work permit would be granted instantly to him after we're married, or he'll have to wait some additional time in order to get it?

Thank you for your time.

katwmn6

Post by katwmn6 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi SunIsInTheSky,

Have you reviewed all the UKBA information on Bulgarian and Romanian work permits and accession worker cards?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... iveworkuk/

Also please use the search feature on the board (at the top next to the FAQ link), and look in the EEA-route Applications section of this board (your question is in the wrong section of this board!) :)

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=45

Good luck!

SunIsInTheSky
Newly Registered

Post by SunIsInTheSky » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Yes, I've realized that I was in the wrong section too late and I didn't wanna make a copy topic, but I think that it would be a better idea if I'd make one in the right section.

Thank you for your response, yes, I'm aware of all that information, I was more interested in the marriage part. How long would it take us to get married in the UK as citizens of other countries, and if it's even possible. And what paperwork would we need.

Or maybe is there any moderator that could move my topic in the right section, if that's not much for me to ask? Thank you.