ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

public benefits

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wayblock

public benefits

Post by wayblock » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi there,

I'm on spouse visa. I know I'm not entitle to any public benefits. I registered with GP about 5 years ago.

Last week I went to a local dentist. She said if I'm registered with GP (NHS patient) which I am, then having any dental treatment is really very cheap otherwise as a private patient it cost me too much.

Please can anyone tell me what I should do at this point? As I'm not entitle to any public benefits. If I go as a GP patient it will be cheaper but it can effect on my visa application later.

Many Thanks,

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:44 pm

no - it won't effect your application, just as it is fine for you to recieve NHS treatement from your GP, it is fine to receieve NHS dental treatment. NHS treatment does not come under the definition of public funds in the immigration rules.