ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements: 7 months available

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SpokenHands

Bank Statements: 7 months available

Post by SpokenHands » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:01 pm

applying on wednesday for ILR as a tier 1 general migrant having completed 5 years continuous.

I have printed bank statements for (most recent) 7 months. From various posts, it appears between 3 to 6 months are asked for by case officer; in some cases more handed over but most recent taken. This is corroborated in list of documents in FAQ on this forum.

Should I have at least 12 months to be on safe side? In this case I need to get first 5 months on bank headed paper tomorrow as my PEO appt is on 01 feb at Croydon PEO.

I have 12 months payslips, 5 years P60 and corresponding HMRC employment history in my application pack.

Moderator / knowledgeable members advice requested. Thank you in advance

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Get statements from the Bank on their letterhead and preferable with a bank stamp/seal. The post before yours mentions that the home office do not accept internet print outs.

SpokenHands

Is 7 months sufficient or must I get all 12 months?

Post by SpokenHands » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Thank you for your response.

I meant I have official printed statements for 7 Months but wondering if I need previous 5 months. From various posts it appears one needs a minimum of 3 months most recently but not all 12. I am not submitting Internet statements.

Is this correct or do you suggest I get all 12 months in my application pack?

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:45 pm

Better to get the remaining 5 months from the Bank. It will be worth the little extra effort and peace of mind for you as well.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:42 am

I would suggest take at least 12 months bank statements with you.

Also are you claiming salary points only for last 7 months ? (if not then you definitely need last 12 months bank statements).

SpokenHands

Post by SpokenHands » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Noticed no one is asked for more than 3-6 months payslips in various success stories on the forum. Guidance Notes suggest at least 3 months but do not prescribe Max.

I have all 12 months payslips + 5 years P60s + HMRC employment history.
7 months bank statements show exact similar deposits.

Have my PEO interview tomorrow at 2pm but as a safeguard will get the balance 5 months as well. Thank you.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:35 pm

But if you are applying on the basis of Tier-1, then don't you need to have 12 months of pay slips and bank statements ? (correct me if I am wrong)

Only for WP or Tier-2 applicants, 3 months is sufficient, but even they still have to show all 5 years P60s.

SpokenHands

Thank you Linkers and Jaskiratbaweja

Post by SpokenHands » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks to your input, I carried all 12 months bank statements.

Tier 1 migrants need to have evidence for the entire peiod being claimed.
Consequently, The case officer insisted on 12 months statements and thanks to your advice she got the evidence she needed.

Had 12 months payslips and 5 years P60s she requested as well.

My bank manager was a lifesaver, went in early, printed out over 100 pages, stamped and initialed each page an had an envelope ready for me to collect when bank doors officially opened at 930 am so I could hen dash to Croydon PEO 150 miles away. I was blessed.