ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success with traffic offence(LC20) PEO JAN 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bongaye
Newly Registered

ILR Success with traffic offence(LC20) PEO JAN 2012

Post by bongaye » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:12 pm

Ive been reading posts about ILR with convictions lately and i must confess it was really helpful

I had a traffic conviction in 2008 and was issued 3points on my licence and fined 60pounds for driving with an international licence for more than a year(never knew it was wrong anyway).i had an appointment in Birmingham and i must say it was the best ever experience

Arrived one hour late with hubby because the navigator took us all over the place!!security checks and explanations of why we were late.my number was called even before we sat down so we went straight to the counter.A man dealt with our case

he asked us for the application form which he went through and bamm he saw the conviction section i had filled stating everything that happened.he told me the new rules state that any conviction from the court must now be spent and asked me why i had to go to court.i explained that it was because i was using an international licence and that the police couldnt deal with it.i told him that i already done my crb a month ago and he asked to see it.i gave it to him and he went through and said that MIGHT be fine but that they still need to do theirs

he asked me if iwas ready to go ahead with the application and either lose 1350 or have ILR?My husband said i should rather wait till the conviction is spent than lose that much money but i said i will gamble so i went for it.paid the money and was asked to come after 2hrs

we came back after 1hr-too much tension and was told the senior member of staff wanted to have a word with me.i went in and he gave me the good news.i done my checks and everything is fine i will be granting u ILR.he said all international licences are dealt with in court.he said he was so pleased that i mentioned it which was a good thing.
at 12.00 we were back home with ILR.thanks to you all

Also watch out with lawyers.i went to a lawyer and hesaid there was no way i could have ilr with my traffic offence but i did.sometimes we can carry our troubles successfully without lawyers