ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KNRao
Newly Registered

visa

Post by KNRao » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:40 pm

Hi
My workpermit and visa is going to expire by 31st of september. I got another job starts from 1st september. My new empolyer applied for the workpermit. My question is do we (myself and my wife) need to apply for visa after i get new workpermit.
Thanks in advance

mansawant

Yes You need to apply

Post by mansawant » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:26 pm

Hi,

Yes, you need to apply again for FLR (IED). When you change your job as a work permit holder, it is required by law that you should with all depedents apply for visa.

Thanks & Regards,
Mansawant

KNRao
Newly Registered

Post by KNRao » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:57 pm

Hi Mansawant
Thanks for the quick reply.
Regards

moron
Newly Registered

Post by moron » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:42 pm

Hi,

Give a call to the work permit phone number. I did that recently for a similar case and the officer told me that now a days you can immediately start work with the new employer as your visa gets updated by the home office.
You would need to apply for the visa/flr before the existing one expires though... cause it is pretty much a boderline case.

This is the email response i got>>>
When your new employer makes the application for your new work permit, the Home Office will change your visa accordingly.
<<<

Could you tell em how long it took for the new employer to get the new work permit from the time the application was submitted ?

Cheers