ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance in India instead of FLR(IED) in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

moron
Newly Registered

Entry clearance in India instead of FLR(IED) in UK

Post by moron » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:36 pm

Hi,

I am currently in UK on a valid work permit and sending in an in-country HSMP application. I have to return to India in a months time. The approval letter can be recieved by my uncle as thats the current correspondence address i'm giving.
The HSMP approval letters I have seen for in country applications normally tell the applicant to go ahead with the FLR(IED).
Can I instead of the FLR(IED), go back to India and make my Entry Clearance application from the UK embassy in India (Even if I have an in-country HSMP approval letter which tells me to apply for FLR(IED) ) ?

Any sensible suggestions appreciated...!
Cheers

moron
Newly Registered

Post by moron » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:57 pm

Anyone done this before ?

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:00 pm

Yes you can do that, it's fine.
________
Spam VAPORIZER
Last edited by WoodieG on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moron
Newly Registered

Post by moron » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:18 pm

Thanks woodie. I had confused the operator at work pemits with this. It seems this is not documented anywhere. They assume an in-country application to be FLR(IED) instead of ECed via emabssy.
cheers