ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit Application – Timelines

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imranb

Child Benefit Application – Timelines

Post by imranb » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:51 am

I recently applied for child benefit for my 2 children (about 10 days back) on the 24th Jan 2012. I was wondering if someone can share the timeline by which they return the important documents like birth certificates. I tried calling them, but their automated service says they can’t provide updates on any application until it is 12 weeks old. 12 weeks is a long time to remain in limbo just to get a confirmation that they received your application, and returning important documents like birth certificates. I can’t even track the application as it was sent to their freepost address. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

freemum
Newly Registered

Post by freemum » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:19 pm

I am also in the same situation. I send on 4th january almost one month ago and still i hav't received my kids birth certificates.
I bit worried about this

imranb

Re: Child Benefit Application – Timelines

Post by imranb » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm

imranb wrote:I recently applied for child benefit for my 2 children (about 10 days back) on the 24th Jan 2012. I was wondering if someone can share the timeline by which they return the important documents like birth certificates. I tried calling them, but their automated service says they can’t provide updates on any application until it is 12 weeks old. 12 weeks is a long time to remain in limbo just to get a confirmation that they received your application, and returning important documents like birth certificates. I can’t even track the application as it was sent to their freepost address. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
I shall be really obliged if someone can share timelines within which they received the birth certificates back. Thanks for reading this post.

rajkhan

timescale

Post by rajkhan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Hi,
I applied in January and got back the birth certificate of my child, but there is no mention of when they will start sending the money, any advice.
Thanks in advance,
Raj.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: timescale

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:41 pm

rajkhan wrote:Hi,
I applied in January and got back the birth certificate of my child, but there is no mention of when they will start sending the money, any advice.
Thanks in advance,
Raj.
contact HMRC, they are the department dealing with your application - no one here can tell you.

imranb

Re: Child Benefit Application – Timelines

Post by imranb » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:34 pm

imranb wrote:I recently applied for child benefit for my 2 children (about 10 days back) on the 24th Jan 2012. I was wondering if someone can share the timeline by which they return the important documents like birth certificates. I tried calling them, but their automated service says they can’t provide updates on any application until it is 12 weeks old. 12 weeks is a long time to remain in limbo just to get a confirmation that they received your application, and returning important documents like birth certificates. I can’t even track the application as it was sent to their freepost address. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
An update: I got the birth certificates returned and the 1st installment of money trasferred into my bank account; all within 15 days of applying :-) Very glad!