ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long stay

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

santu17
Newly Registered

10 years long stay

Post by santu17 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:34 am

Hi all..friend of mine applying for ILR 10years long stay. As per the guideline and application form it is not mandatory to have 6 months or 1 year bank statements. But, he has consulted one of legal advisor and was been told to put the above requirement.

Would any can help me..to clarify this? :roll: :roll:

Thank you

derlin

Re: 10 years long stay

Post by derlin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:26 am

santu17 wrote:Hi all..friend of mine applying for ILR 10years long stay. As per the guideline and application form it is not mandatory to have 6 months or 1 year bank statements. But, he has consulted one of legal advisor and was been told to put the above requirement.

Thank you
You have answered your own question. Bank statements are not mandatory. I did not include bank statements when I applied for ilr (10-year route) in September 2011. And my application was successful.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:36 pm

In 10 years long residence ILR application you are not required to submit any document but it's good to submit documents like Bank statement and Payslips. if You have done any charity or community work then it's all good for your application and submit them too.

pumnoo
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long stay

Post by pumnoo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:34 pm

santu17 wrote:Hi all..friend of mine applying for ILR 10years long stay. As per the guideline and application form it is not mandatory to have 6 months or 1 year bank statements. But, he has consulted one of legal advisor and was been told to put the above requirement.

Thank you
i m agreed with Derlin. as far as you are able to show all your visas and passports which you have been using in your 10 yr stay, then you dont need to show anything else apart from other typical requirements/
one of my friend did the same and he got visa in 5 weeks.
best of luck

derlin

Post by derlin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 pm

angelloveguy wrote:In 10 years long residence ILR application you are not required to submit any document but it's good to submit documents like Bank statement and Payslips. if You have done any charity or community work then it's all good for your application and submit them too.
Including or not including bank statements is a matter of personal choice. Though you are expected to support yourself financially in the UK, proof of finance is not a qualification for ilr via the 10-year route, and neither is it a justification for refusal. In other words, a 10-year-ilr application cannot be refused on the grounds of insufficient funds; failure to provide bank statements or show proof of funds.

Read through this thread: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... sc&start=0 You would find hundred cases of successful 10-year-ilr applications made without bank statements.