ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new salary (>£31,000) rule for future ILR applicants?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

new salary (>£31,000) rule for future ILR applicants?

Post by friday » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi All,

I read on bbc news today that the immigration minister will apply a new rule for those who want to settle should have a salary of more than £31,000.

Is there any details about this? Will it be apply soon?

Thanks.

vinaya

Post by vinaya » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Sunimal02

Post by Sunimal02 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:06 pm

Does anyone knows that this will be applied to migrant under JR?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:10 pm

we really don't need another topic on this subject. Please stick to the sticky topic here which explains who the proposed changes are likely to effect. Any further speculation at the moment is just that until the formal announcements have been made.

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Will this apply for applicants that come under JR as well. I m talking about minimum salary requirement for more than 31000 for settling in UK

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:42 pm

afaik its still under review and won't affect those already on Tier1, HSMP/JR etc

friday

Post by friday » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:56 pm

innocentdevil wrote:afaik its still under review and won't affect those already on Tier1, HSMP/JR etc

I really hope it will not affect tier 1. I am wokring in science as a researcher (PhD) and it is well known that the salary in science in general is not high. Even as a lecturer, you can get a starting salary of ~ 32,000., just above the limit!!! what about nurses?!

we all contribute to the wealth of uk. someone can get higher salary but their contribution is limited.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:08 pm

we don't know what will happen but if it happens, there will be hundreds in trouble including me. Lets hope it don't

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:41 pm

The wider population who seem to think that 'immigration' is a HUGE burden on the nation's resources- NHS etc, can be quite off the mark when it comes to some of the ideas they have of immigrants.

I do agree that immigration can be one of the reasons that the NHS is so short staffed, but to squarely blame it on immigrants is another thing.
Some of the misconceptions are glaring (check this article-http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16850563).

Note comments made by points:

94. Immigration would soon balance out if the rules were

You have to live & WORK here for at least 3 years before you would be entitled to ANYhealthcare, benefits (inc' child benefits) or houses.
2) If you commit a crime in your first 10 years, you (& your family) WILL be removed.
Other EU countries do this, why not us?

AND

124. It's simple: a company must prove that a job cannot be taken by a British national before offering it to someone from elsewhere. This is what they do in the States and should be applied here (including for those form within the EU)

As immigrants, we do not have access to benefits unless ILR status is achieved AFTER 5 years of work and paying taxes. And the RMLT started recently is the new clause that beats this person's argument.
I really wish there was a way we could educate what being an immigrant means and its NOT just about landing in this country today and claiming benefits from tomorrow.

I came here in 2007 and have been working since then- paying my due tax. And in all my years here, I have had less than 6 visits to the doctors.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:52 pm

its v funny... their country is sinking and they want immigrants to earn minimum 31,000 shame.... how many British people earn 31000 ???

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:39 pm

fahadz1 wrote:

its v funny... their country is sinking and they want immigrants to earn minimum 31,000 shame.... how many British people earn 31000 ???
well. most of them are on benefits with hefty sums. its just a way to make money.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:51 pm

Well I understand why this desperate measure of wanting only those immigrants who can earn more than 31,000 .... how else can you expect the country to run ... only when you earn around this range, the government will get 20% and if you earn a little more than 35K you end up paying 40% of your income...

Tax payers money is what pays toward most government bodies and activites including "BENEFITS" and the country sustains ... so don't be surprised if this is actually commissioned.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:25 pm

if they have just started the studies then it may well be next year before it is passed and put into practice, just to give some people enough notice to get their acts together.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:51 pm

i must say HSMP JR were lucky people....

people case against their new policies and they won and today enjoying without showing income on initial and extension and neither on ILR and they get ILR on 4 years only ??

when new policies arrived for PBS why no budy didnt take any stand ???

y we r showing incomes on initial , extension and on ILR ?????????/

y no budy taken the stand...... those 50,000 HSMP JR guys didnt go through this hard time and we have to claim our points in this economic climate which is quite hard.... working 2-3 jobs 70 - 80 hours a week and these HSMP JR people got things like some thing in a plate.....

I just blame govt for that .On the begnining hsmp was easy now its V hard

no offence please..... its just a thought ............ and dont know what rules are changing.....in future....

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:08 pm

?[/quote]

well. most of them are on benefits with hefty sums. its just a way to make money.[/quote]

so it means Govt want Immigrants hard work earned money to utilize to take care of their british people....

in simple words from our tax they are paying benefits to them.. my god its a shame.....

we who are on PBS is paying a lot for not being a british ......

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:54 am

fahadz1 wrote:?
well. most of them are on benefits with hefty sums. its just a way to make money.[/quote]

so it means Govt want Immigrants hard work earned money to utilize to take care of their british people....

in simple words from our tax they are paying benefits to them.. my god its a shame.....

we who are on PBS is paying a lot for not being a british ......[/quote]

we are paying alot but we chose to not that they are forcing us.

friday

Post by friday » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 am

I have just noticed the other thread on these changes. I thought these changes just came up new, but I was surprised to find a discussion of these changes starting late in 2011. So now it is getting closer to get officially published, I think.

After quick scan of the detailed thread, there is a good possibility that the rules will apply to people after Apirl 2011, but this is to be confirmed.

Again, like last year, I am desperate to hear any news about this so I can better plan for my tier 1 VISA which will end in August 2012 and I need to apply for Tier 1 extension by June 2012.

I hope something will come much earlier than August, but at the same time give people the chance to benefit form old rules before new rules apply.

Maybe it is better to continue on the other thread?! so all the information is one place without repeatition.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:39 am

please can you continue on other thread it is pointless having more than one. It was already established who the changes are likely to effect before when the consultation was announced.

venksy26
Newly Registered

Post by venksy26 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Greenie wrote:please can you continue on other thread it is pointless having more than one. It was already established who the changes are likely to effect before when the consultation was announced.
Hi Greenie..

Could you please let me know where you have established who are likely to be affected.. a link to the thread would be great.. I am on a old style work permit and just applied for extension under transitional arrangements to Tier 2... I will be eligible for ILR in June 12, but my salary is less than £31k limit proposed.. So not sure whether I will be affected.

Many Thanks

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Please continue discussion here
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer