ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Job Title on Tier 2 General Application Form

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sriks

Help with Job Title on Tier 2 General Application Form

Post by sriks » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Hello Guys,

Thanks for all your help so far...

my employer has applied for the Sponsor licence and successfully received it,
I have been assigned a CoS and now filling in my forms.

In the Part J in the application form, it asks for Job Title..

should this exactly be the job title mentioned on the CoS ?

Agastya80

Re: Help with Job Title on Tier 2 General Application Form

Post by Agastya80 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:55 pm

sriks wrote:Hello Guys,

YES
Thanks!

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Yes and make sure all the information in the COS matches with the information you provide in your application form.

Good luck mate.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 pm

If I read the soc code documentions..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
On page 4 it says...
"Sponsors must select the most appropriate job description from the table below. The job title need not be an exact match:"

In my extension application I filled up same job title which was there in my last application and Job contract offer letter.

Expert can you please comment... If it is OK??

khans

Re: Help with Job Title on Tier 2 General Application Form

Post by khans » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:26 pm

sriks wrote:Hello Guys,

Hi Mate,

If you can't find the exact Job title you will be asked to choose the one that most closely matches your title but MAKE SURE THE TILTE YOU SELECT HAS A SALARY THAT MATCHES OR IS LESS THAN WHAT YOUR ARE GETTING.
My application was refused last week for this very reason. My HR couldn't find my exact job title but she was asked to chose the closest. She did chose the closest but that role's salary was a grand over my salary ! bang ! application refused !!
So be careful with that and all the best !

Agastya80

Post by Agastya80 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 pm

aarnags wrote:If I read the soc code documentions..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
On page 4 it says...
"Sponsors must select the most appropriate job description from the table below. The job title need not be an exact match:"

In my extension application I filled up same job title which was there in my last application and Job contract offer letter.

Expert can you please comment... If it is OK??
Job title on application form must match with Job title on the COS issued by your employer. Since you are applying for an extension then it should be OK, assuming that it is same as on the COS
Thanks!

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:25 am

I checked with my HR, they said.. they have mentioned my current job title in COS applications...

Just for reference.. My job title as per offer letter "Grid Computing support officer"

SOC code 3131 – Technicians, IT operations.

Related Job title: Computer operator, Database manager, IT technician, Network technician, Systems administrator

So I think I am safe and also it is extension application with same salary, same job title and description.

Finger crossed :)

sriks

Post by sriks » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:21 am

I am using the same SOC Code as well ,

I have to deal with databases, Hardware in the office and support for customers i had to go with Hardware Technicians as that was the only one matching my salary...

Thanks for the replies guys and all the best with your applications...

khans

Post by khans » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:18 am

aarnags wrote:I checked with my HR, they said.. they have mentioned my current job title in COS applications...

Just for reference.. My job title as per offer letter "Grid Computing support officer"

Related Job title: Computer operator, Database manager, IT technician, Network technician, Systems administrator

So I think I am safe and also it is extension application with same salary, same job title and description.

Finger crossed :)
There are Job titles within this list that will show their respective salaries besides them. Select the one that exactly matches (or is lower) that your salary.
refer to this list : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 pm

I was not aware of the SOC technical stuff as these were related to HR and they never told me to use this job title application form.

In my extension I use Job title as "Grid Computing support officer" and same title was used for first entry clearance application in 2009. Same job title and salary (34K) is/was mentioned in offer letter which I send with application.

HR said they chose, SOC code 3131 – Technicians, IT operations.

In COS application notes they also put the job offer title (Grid Computing support officer)

I am having bio-metric appointment on 15th March.

Should I worry about this issue or do something before they make any decisions like sending a document or letter from HR.

Please please advise I am getting worried everyday...

khans

Post by khans » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:57 pm

3131 is a generic category. They are most probably going to get back to your HR before making a decision and ask her to edit the CoS to specify the role within 3131 list that exactly or closely matches your job title. The role your HR selects must match the salary you're earning right now (or it can be lower than what you are earning) but not higher. Even if you find that the role that most closely matches your job title is priced at a higher rate than you are earning ask your HR to put a note that your salary can be increased to meet that salary by or before your visa is issued. But it will be better if you are already earning exactly the same or more than the salary mentioned in the list.
Apart from that it should be fine.
Hope this helps.
Best of Luck !

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Hi Khans,

Thanks for quick reply..
I will ask HR which job title they selected.
The best job title match with my profile is "System administrators-- 28k" which higher than 34K (i.e 32K +2K London allowance)

Does HR still can edit the COS?

My major worry is about Job title in application form. Does this should match what HR selected in COS?

khans

Post by khans » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:45 pm

As long as she has chosen a job titile that closely matches your and has mentioned in the CoS and that role has a salary that matches your current , it should be fine. Any changes you want to make must be made before the decision is made by HO.

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:48 pm

khans wrote:As long as she has chosen a job titile that closely matches your and has mentioned in the CoS and that role has a salary that matches your current , it should be fine. Any changes you want to make must be made before the decision is made by HO.
Hi, I want to ask few questions if I can get assistance it will be great!

1) In my observation the Nine areas of occupations of SOC code job index are incomplete on UKBA website as they only show codes of first 4 occupations, but the codes match with similar jobs roles on national statistics job code index website. Example; jobrole of Procurement officer has code 3543 and another job of supply chain analyst has same code in the national statistics website but is not listed in ukba graduate level job.

2) As I am in the role of supply chain analyst and the my employer has A+ rating, can I put the same code in the visa form as both job has same code and UKBA itself states on the page that this list is not fully updated and national statistics website can be checked if you are unsure of your job SOC code?

3) The salary which is being set as minimum for this SOC code of 3543 is 23K, but I am getting 20K, will it affect my visa application?? as I meet the minimum requirement 0f 20K as stated in policy guidance of tier 2 general and get 20 points of salary!!

khans

Post by khans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Whatever Job code you select form the code of practice list your salary must match the salary you are earning. If you are earning less than the job code you selected from the list your application will be rejected straight away.
So if the job code you selected is priced at 23k and you are earning 20k - you won't awarded 20 points for salary. My application got rejected on exactly the same ground.
Best thing to do is ask you employer to give you a raise and then select the role paying 23k. You don;t need to be earning this salary (23k) for all you 6 months of employment.
The minimum salary of 20k is completely misguiding. The salary must match or exceed the relevant job code on the list.
hope this helps.
best of luck !

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:11 pm

khans wrote:Whatever Job code you select form the code of practice list your salary must match the salary you are earning. If you are earning less than the job code you selected from the list your application will be rejected straight away.
So if the job code you selected is priced at 23k and you are earning 20k - you won't awarded 20 points for salary. My application got rejected on exactly the same ground.
Best thing to do is ask you employer to give you a raise and then select the role paying 23k. You don;t need to be earning this salary (23k) for all you 6 months of employment.
The minimum salary of 20k is completely misguiding. The salary must match or exceed the relevant job code on the list.
hope this helps.
best of luck !
Thanks very much for the information it is very helpful! I have got the answer of my 3rd question.
I want to ask you if the job code matches the code given in the UKBA list but the job title is different will it be accepted if the salary matches the minimum level as described in the UKBA list??

khans

Post by khans » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:16 pm

I am not entirely sire on this but job code is just a reference and it is highly unlikely that 2 jobs have the same job code. your first preference would be to look for the job title and description that most closely matches yours and select that one and then make sure your salary matches or exceeds the salary against that job code/title.

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:58 pm

khans wrote:I am not entirely sire on this but job code is just a reference and it is highly unlikely that 2 jobs have the same job code. your first preference would be to look for the job title and description that most closely matches yours and select that one and then make sure your salary matches or exceeds the salary against that job code/title.
most jobs are not updated on UKBA list as stated on the page so they have written to check on national statistics job index code website. I saw my job and it was added last year in the list. both job has same code. its like a batch number having same things!