ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important experience regarding employer VISA check

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tonynz

Important experience regarding employer VISA check

Post by tonynz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:26 pm

Hey guys,

Thought I would share this with you guys as it will probably involve most of you who needs to be employed.

I got my letter from UKBA on the 19th of Jan, in this dodgy, black/white letter with my name spelt wrong and a reference number PBXXXXXXXXXX/001

Anyway I gave that to my employer for them to check with the Home Office, however that check came back with nothing, UKBA can not confirm that there is currently an application under-way.

I had to ring UKBA and wait on the phone to ask them and they said that the case number (PBXXXXXXX/001) is only a case number issued by their finance team and not linked at all to the Home Office Employer checking service.

Hence there is NO WAY they can verify to my employer my status and my employer can only take my word (and evidence) for the application.

Just a word of warning to all those people who will have the employer use the Visa checking service, it will take up to FOUR Weeks for it to be updated.

My employer was a bit worried that it came back empty but I had to supply them with my CREDIT CARD statement and also Post Tracking number.