ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Assist_ark

Supporting letter

Post by Assist_ark » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:43 pm

As the subject says. Please, how many letters minimum you guys think one should have?

This is for a spouse visa by the way.

Thanks in advance

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 am

You only need one supporting letter from yourself outlining your support for your spouse

Assist_ark

Post by Assist_ark » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:43 pm

Thank you for the reply,
Yes, I am aware of the letter you are talking about. But the letter I am referring to, is said to be supporting letters from friends and families, who knows us and our relationship and can make comments on it.
This is said to help prove that the relationship is genuine. And I know the usual advice is, "have as many letters as possible".
My question though is, how many is too little? If I said I'm providing about 10 letters from friends and families combined. Is this too small?

Thanks in advance once again.

I do hope you know the letter I am referring too

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:42 pm

we sent 4 letters from various mutual friends, a few is enough.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:44 pm

I see what you mean.In that case 2-3 letters from some professional people should be enough. Remember on average the ECO takes about 15 minutes to make a decision to grant or refuse visa,Unfortunately he doesn't have time to read all such letters :wink:

Assist_ark

Post by Assist_ark » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks so much for the replies. Appreciated.
You have made me have a question. I'd ask as a new thread, for the sake of consistency. Its about that 15mins you made mention of.

Thanks.