ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(IED) - Can I start MyHi Job Immediately

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kibria

FLR(IED) - Can I start MyHi Job Immediately

Post by Kibria » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:06 am

Hi,
I was on a work permit and I recently changed job. Mu new employer has applied for the work permit.

Meanwhile I have also received my HSMP approval letter.

I have to start the new employment as soon as possible.

1) Can I start my new job immediately on the basis of HSMP approval letter with out waiting for FLR(IED) approval, as that will take another 4 weeks to get visa stamped? (My current Leave to Remain is valid till November 2008)

2) What will happen to my New Work permit for which my new employer has already applied (will Home office automatically update its record that I now have HSMP or do I need to inform Homeoffice not to proces the work permit?)

3)Is it true that we can get FLR(IED) visa stamped in one day if you pay the urgent treatment fee.

This is important as my joining is getting delayed.

Urgent response on the issue would be appreciated.

Regards
Kibria

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:19 pm

1) No, your HSMP only becomes active once the Leave to Remain is stamped into your passport.

2) Your status is solely dependant on the visa in your passport, you do not need to cancel the wp application. If the new wp is approved you can start work providing that you apply for leave to remain with 6 months and before your existing work permit expires. I'm not sure what the rules would be about starting work on the basis of the new wp and then getting LTR on the basis of your HSMP approval.

3) You can get LTR stamped in Croydon if you pay ?500 but only for work permits NOT for HSMP.
________
Herbal Shop
Last edited by WoodieG on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kibria

Post by Kibria » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:22 pm

Thank you veru much for your prompt reply. is there any information, regarding how much time it takes to get FLR stamped if applying in country