ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR successful @PEO Croydon; WP+T1G & 840+ days absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RPB
Newly Registered

ILR successful @PEO Croydon; WP+T1G & 840+ days absence

Post by RPB » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

I s'd thank the moderators, senior members and other experts (whom I contacted thru PM) on this forum for their time, service and invaluable advice that has been immensely helpful in my successful ILR thru' SET[O] on 26Jan12 at Croydon PEO. Even though I was not active in raising queries or contributing to the board, I w'd like to share my experience so that others who are in a similar situation like me may get encouraged to boldly make an ILR application.

Case:
WP (2Y6M) + T1G (2Y9M)
Single Employer
Absence at the time of appln: 740+ days biz trip and 100 days personal trip.
17 trips (14 biz trips, 3 personal trips) outside the UK in 5 yrs; no single absence was more than 75 days. No unpaid breaks.
Self + 3 dependents (deliberately all of us went together by car).

Summary of my experience at the Croydon PEO:
1. Arrived at 12:40 pm for the 12:45 pm appointment [just made it in time].
2. Passed through airport-style security [others have explained amply]
3. SET(O) screening and passport checks - 15 min in Grd floor.
4. Details entered into system and handed payment token and told to proceed to 1st floor to make payment.
5. On 1st floor, security checked Token No. and SET[O] form again, then directed me to the payment counter.
6. Payment thru Chip/Pin machine as I was paying through a debit card. I was then issued a token and told to wait in the waiting area on 1st floor. In spite of having informed my bank abt a large figure payment I had to go thru the payment gateway security check.
7. Waited 1h15m, before being called at 2:15pm. My wife and me sat in front of a supposedly Senior Male CW. Children continued to play behind.
8. CW was professional and very patient. Took 35 min to check all the passports old+current. Scanned all the photos and stapled them to the appln. He did everything to put us at ease and seemed a hardcore professional querying only when required.
9. Reviewed Covering letter, SET(O) and supporting documents. Asked for absence record and did not find anything surprising when he saw 740+ days of biz trip in the last 2.5 yrs. Letters from company HR and Line Manager were handed over which amply justified the business trips as company requirement and my core skills deployment. No hitch at all. He did not bother to have a look at the personal holidays' spreadsheet at all.
10. Later on asked ONLY COPIES of the documents and specifically told us that he does not need the originals. Reviewed them and then at 3.30 pm told that he is thru with his work. He asked us to collect our passports at Counter 22 by 4.45pm. We confirmed whether that is a sign of approval of ILR to which he said YES. We sighed big in relief.
11. We did not go out as it was cold and we had not had our lunch. The interval gave us time to relax a bit, eat something that we had carried along and had a cup of hot Espresso from the coffee shop in 2nd floor.
12. At 4.45pm we got our passports with ILR stamped and we were out of the PEO in glee by 5 pm. :D

I s'd really appreciate the CW as he calmly looked into ALL the details without getting up even once from his seat and took decision on his own. I was so impressed with him that I left a very good feedback and dropped it at his desk.

Having read the saga and experiences of so many applicants here on this board, I had gone fully prepared with plenty of documentation. Except for the generally perceived UNREASONABLE absence of 840+ days in total they could not have pointed out at any single blot which showed that I was not economically active in the country even though I am on non-taxable (NT) status since mid 2009. I have one employer throughout with evidence of economic activity/salary growth.

Documents requested by the Case Worker
1. Token Number and evidence of payment made [receipt]
2. Covering letter + SET [O] Application Form
3. List of Absences (only biz trip checked) + HR/Line Mgr letters
4. 2 photographs for each applicant
5. Passports for self + 3 dependents
Rest ONLY Copies
6. LIUK Test certificate
7. 12M payslips & 12M bank statements
8. Voluntarily handed over the Earnings Statement for 12M (which was useful to CW and he acknowledged that)
9. 5 years' P60
10. Cohabitation document - Council Tax for the last 5 years
11. Finally copies of all the passports (old+current) of all of us.

I had carried loads of other documents as back up that were not required - Higher points claim from PB Calculator+MBA Cert, Pension Contribution Receipts, Other bank statements to show available funds, Mortgage statements, Bldg+Contents Insurance (Jt name), Electoral Register letters, Utility bills, wife's bank statements, etc.

History: My 1st attempt at PEO Solihull on 19Jan12 went waste as I met a lady CW (perhaps the same one a few applicants and board members have encountered and reported as being very rude). She did not even go thru the entire SET(O) form. Within 5 min she asked me the absence record. Seeing the 840+ days' absence she simply decided that the appln merits postal treatment and reaffirmed with her Senior's backing. She did not give me any chance to explain and justify my absence even though I had the same documentation that I eventually submitted at Croydon. I doubted her intentions. She was really very rude with me even. In 10 min I was out of the PEO having gone all the way from London by train. :(

Lesson: No matter how many doors are closed there is always a door open for you to try. I immediately tried for another appointment at Croydon knowingly that I w'd be taking a chance at losing the money paid upfront before the case is opened. Luckily I got one and it turned out to be successful at Croydon.
Last edited by RPB on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:51 am

Hi ,

Many congratulation on ILR. Must be a great relief getting this out of the way.

I have my appointment coming up in couple of weeks. I worked in consulting for first two years under HSMP and had to travel a fair bit but not as much as you did. My absences are 204 for business and personal absences 173. No absence is more than 90 days.

The company I worked when in consulting have posted me a letter confirming that I needed to travel frequently and extensively on business trips to 'Egypt' and 'Saudi Arabia' but my salaries and etc were paid in UK. They have not explicitly mentioned each trip. I have forwarded them a list of the trips just in case UKBA contact them. Do you think this will suffice?

I have collected all other documentation such as to prove my association with Uk. My wife was here when I was travelling and have paid house rent and council tax throughout.

Which format did you use for your absence sheet? Did you have two separate sheets for personal and business absences?

What did you state in question (Section 9 D3) where it asks please explain the reason for these absences?

Anything else you would advise? I also have my appointment at the Cryodon PEO .

Thanks

RPB
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) Appln

Post by RPB » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:59 am

Hi jaskiratbaweja
Yr case seems to be far simpler than mine.
1. Yr absences are far less - so I suppose you s'd not hv to struggle for justification.
2. Suggest you get the list of business trips also included in yr earlier employer's letter or ask them to endorse yr list, stamp and send it back to you so that you can attach it to SET(O) whilst submitting. Act quick.
3. Supporting docs - carry as many as practically possible.
4. You seem to hv the right docs for showing links to the UK.
5. Format for absence sheet - generally this has evolved thru this board. Used two separate sheets for personal & business as a strategy after lessons learnt from Solihull. Had taken to Solihull a single sheet with properly segregated sections for both absences - perhaps causing the CW to raise her already big eyebrows.
6. Sec 9 D3 - "No single absence more than 90 days. Pls see Sec 6 for the list of absences with countries visited, no. of days absent on each occasion, stamp in PgX/Y/Z of passport, etc and also employer's letter for Biz trip".
Other requirements I hv explained in detail in my post.
Hope this helps. All the best.

jaskiratbaweja

Thanks

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:09 am

Thanks for the reply RPB. This is very helpful.

So you did not put the total number of absences in Section 9 D3?

Can you share the excel sheet format used. You can email it to me at jbaweja@hotmail.co.uk

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Congratulations RPB.

In your case the caseworker seems to be very experienced and matured person. I must admit, he took the right decision.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:06 pm

Congrats RPB ...

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks a lot for your help RPB. I requested my previous employer to send the list of Business trips on a letterhead.

They have sent it through to me.

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:48 pm

congrats RPB!

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: ILR SET(O) Appln

Post by fahadz1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:38 pm

RPB wrote:Hi jaskiratbaweja
Yr case seems to be far simpler than mine.
1. Yr absences are far less - so I suppose you s'd not hv to struggle for justification.
2. Suggest you get the list of business trips also included in yr earlier employer's letter or ask them to endorse yr list, stamp and send it back to you so that you can attach it to SET(O) whilst submitting. Act quick.
3. Supporting docs - carry as many as practically possible.
4. You seem to hv the right docs for showing links to the UK.
5. Format for absence sheet - generally this has evolved thru this board. Used two separate sheets for personal & business as a strategy after lessons learnt from Solihull. Had taken to Solihull a single sheet with properly segregated sections for both absences - perhaps causing the CW to raise her already big eyebrows.
6. Sec 9 D3 - "No single absence more than 90 days. Pls see Sec 6 for the list of absences with countries visited, no. of days absent on each occasion, stamp in PgX/Y/Z of passport, etc and also employer's letter for Biz trip".
Other requirements I hv explained in detail in my post.
Hope this helps. All the best.
couples of things
do i need to make 2 excel sheets for absences ? i have 290 absence and out of 180 was a single stretch
which pages of passport we have tell ? entry to another country or what ?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:34 pm

I think even one sheet should be ok, clearly showing the types of absences ...

and all the stamps should be shows with reference to page number on the passport ...

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:I think even one sheet should be ok, clearly showing the types of absences ...

and all the stamps should be shows with reference to page number on the passport ...
i mean entry stamp page or exit stamp page ??

on excel sheet should i put total no of days out or let her calculate cause if she / he see total no of days and referrerd me to apply by post ?

what you think !!!

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:40 pm

you will need to put page numbers of both the stamps .... this is to make it easier for the CW.

Also its best for you to calculate on the excel sheet, just to avoid mistakes from CW . Also if you see there are loads of cases approved with more than 300 days out of country... if all you docs are inline, you should be just fine ....

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:31 pm

sunil.suneel wrote:you will need to put page numbers of both the stamps .... this is to make it easier for the CW.

Also its best for you to calculate on the excel sheet, just to avoid mistakes from CW . Also if you see there are loads of cases approved with more than 300 days out of country... if all you docs are inline, you should be just fine ....
thanks !!! ok i will put all the details on excel sheet

ramay

Post by ramay » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi RPB! Thanks a lot..What about payment at Croydon??Do they ask to pay before making decision or after? I was planning to go to Solihull I have more than 90 days single absence...and about 245 in total..

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:20 pm

ramay wrote:Hi RPB! Thanks a lot..What about payment at Croydon??Do they ask to pay before making decision or after? I was planning to go to Solihull I have more than 90 days single absence...and about 245 in total..
they take payments first. Only solihull and belfast take payment after they confirm you will get ILR.

when is your ILR due ? so i can chase up with you. ???

ramay

Post by ramay » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:56 pm

fahadz1 wrote:
my visa expire in October ....anything can happen by that time...
So you are first.. is any of your absences over 90?
Last edited by ramay on Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:28 pm

ramay wrote:
fahadz1 wrote:
my visa expire in October ....anything can happen by that time...
So you are first..is any of your absences over 90?
ya i have absence of around 182 days in a stretch.
ppl on the forum are saying apply in PEO cause postal will take time and i need to attend my sister wedding .
let see

I have taken lot of tension on that. My friends r saying don't be stress we can appeal in court as well :)

ramay

Post by ramay » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi RPB! Did the CW record your case at Solihul e.g your abscence,pasport details etc.?Or just advised you to go by post?and you went to Croydon and they did't now that you were rejected at Solihull ?
Please clarify that..
Last edited by ramay on Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fahadz1
BANNED

Post by fahadz1 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:42 pm

good question !!! i dont think they record etc....