ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Partner visa (from outside UK) needs help

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

testdasi
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Partner visa (from outside UK) needs help

Post by testdasi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Hi. My wife is applying to join me here as a dependent. I am already in the UK for 2.5 years on Tier-2 General. We have some questions which we hope someone can answer please.
  • The options on the Visa4UK website is very confusing so she chose "Tier 2 General Partner" visa. Is that correct?

I think the equivalent paper form to fill is VAF10. There is a section in the form 7.15 asking for my CoS number. However, the online form does not ask for this information. Is it normal? We are very afraid that she's using the wrong category.

There is also a question about when is my job expected to finish. I'm a permanent staff so there is no end date on my contract. What date should she fill in in the form? I really don't expect to "finish" my job *finger cross*.

My wife is on PhD scholarship to study in America. Her scholarship / assistantship money is higher than the essential living cost (e.g. rent, food, etc.) in order to cover extra items such as travel, books, etc. Will that prove to be a problem? I read somewhere that she actually has to be "dependent" on me or she would be rejected.
Please help.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 am

Hi

She should be using the Dependant Tier 2 general form as you yourself said.
I applied as a dependant from within and I had to clearly give my husband's COS number, so fairly certain this is the norm.

Expected date of job finishing- my husband too is on a permanent basis- so he gave the date of his retirement.. lol. U can do the same too, I believe.

Your wife doesnt need to be economically dependant on you- I am not and I showed my wage slip although it wasnt needed.
What is however important is to show your relationship with your wife- for which the marriage certificate should suffice.
Hope this helps!

Drew2012
Newly Registered

Extension ?

Post by Drew2012 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:20 am

Hi, could i ask you if you knew anything about the procedure for an extension. Are payslips required ? Cause over the phone when i inquired about it i was told that a Tier 2 extension does not require any payslips but a new cos is needed.

Thanks for information in this regard.