ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help - ILR on old expired passprt and returning to UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yatin123
Newly Registered

Please help - ILR on old expired passprt and returning to UK

Post by yatin123 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Hello there,
I am an Indian and got my ILR in 2008. I went to India in Aug 2010 and I had to renew my Indian passport as my old one (with the ILR stamp on it) has expired.

So, my passport with ILR stamp on it has been cancelled and I got a new Indian passport. I didnt visit UK after renewing my passport and its almost 1.5 yrs since my last visit.

My wife holds a british passport(Indian but got her British citizenship) and is currently working in UK. I am planning to return to UK but I am not sure if I can travel with my ILR on old passport. Also, as I have a long gap since my last visit, will it cause any issues at the immigration?

Kindly please advise.

Many thanks

jaskiratbaweja

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:38 pm

The old passport has been returned to you as it has valid visas. There should be no issue if you carry both passports. I believe you will be fine.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:48 pm

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 8ae54841e3

No problem if you are returning within 2 years ... but you may not get away doing this over and over ... read the above post for more info...

yatin123
Newly Registered

Post by yatin123 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:56 pm

thanks very much for your quick replies.

when I come next time, I think its better if I get my Citizenship..rather than being on ILR.

Thanks very much all.

angelloveguy

Post by angelloveguy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 pm

they must have returned your old Passport and must have mention your old Passport number in your new passport. So just keep attach both passports.