ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihull on 3 Feb 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sardar
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Solihull on 3 Feb 2012

Post by sardar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:16 pm

First of all thanks to this group! As i have been a silent reader since last few months.
My case was - WP + WP + Tier 1 (1 previous emp for 6 months & current since 4.5 years).
Had my appointment booked in at solihull. Went thru security checks. Was called few minutes before booked time.
CW was very nice and professional asian looking guy.
Asked for SET (O) and passports. He also asked if i have filled in all of my absences which i had (114 total in 5 years).
Was asked about the end date with 1st employer and start date with 2nd. (There was a 3 week gap in between as i had to relocate and settle down in new place) but nothing more was asked by CW as through out the period i had my approval from 2nd employer and valid WP neither did i leave the country during that time.

Was then asked for LIUK test result, photo, 12 months bank statement and payslips.

Lastly was asked for co-hab docs. I handed him a few and he picked the ones he wanted and returned the rest.

In total in around 30 mins i was told that all is fine and i can come to collect my passport in 2 hours and was asked to pay.

Waited in the waiting area till 12 and went to jimmy spices just opposite home office and collected the passports on our way back.

All in all excellent service but i did try to arrange all the docs in order to minimise shuffling them.

I parked in lode lane car park B91 3RX.

Docs i carried but was never asked:
5 yr P60,
employment history

GOOD LUCK ALL!

tknayak

Post by tknayak » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:37 pm

Congrats for the success.

What cohab docs you produced and what did he pick?

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:45 pm

congrats sardar !!!

Sunimal02

Re: ILR Success at Solihull on 3 Feb 2012

Post by Sunimal02 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:34 am

sardar wrote:I parked in lode lane car park B91 3RX.
Hi sardar,

congrats.....Was there any other near by car parks? When I check online could see a car park at John Lewis, I hope I can park here and it is close to the office??

Thanks
Suni

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 pm

When I check online could see a car park at John Lewis, I hope I can park here and it is close to the office??
That is certainly the car park I would use if I were going to the Solihull PEO. It is just a short walk to the PEO. There are 1050 parking places there.

Here is a map ..... click here. There is a car park at the back of the PEO, Dominion Court Car Park ... 100 places .... but that is Pay & Display, and you do not know exactly how long you will be.

Far better in my opinion to use the John Lewis car park with its 1050 places.
John

sardar
Newly Registered

cohab doc details & Car park @ Solihull

Post by sardar » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi - tknayak:
Regarding cohab docs,
I handed in: Credit card statement (Showing my wife as additional card holder), Letter from surgery confirming our registration (two seperate letters), Few old mobile bills from random months, Old bank statement, Virgin media contract showing the date connected to services, Also a covering letter mentioning that both of us have travelled together on my personal trips out of UK and for the same duration.

He picked:
My wifes - Original provisional drivers lic, Previous employer letter mentioning the dates worked, Letter from council, Bank statement.

My: TV License renewal reminder, Letter from council.

Sunimal02

Regarding car park - there are plenty in the area and the one i parked in is less then 5 mins walk from home office (It's behind jimmy spices) and you pay on exit as i didn't want to go back to top up the ticket incase it over runs.

ILR_2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_2012 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Congrats Sardar!

It looks like Solihull is the best PEO after reading various threads on this site.

Cheers

sardar
Newly Registered

PEO - Solihull

Post by sardar » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:42 pm

ILR_2012 - I agree - But getting an appointment was bit of a struggle :)

Sunimal02

Re: cohab doc details & Car park @ Solihull

Post by Sunimal02 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:23 pm

Sunimal02

Regarding car park - there are plenty in the area and the one i parked in is less then 5 mins walk from home office (It's behind jimmy spices) and you pay on exit as i didn't want to go back to top up the ticket incase it over runs.
Thanks sardar

Sunimal02

Post by Sunimal02 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:24 pm

John wrote:
When I check online could see a car park at John Lewis, I hope I can park here and it is close to the office??
That is certainly the car park I would use if I were going to the Solihull PEO. It is just a short walk to the PEO. There are 1050 parking places there.

Here is a map ..... click here. There is a car park at the back of the PEO, Dominion Court Car Park ... 100 places .... but that is Pay & Display, and you do not know exactly how long you will be.

Far better in my opinion to use the John Lewis car park with its 1050 places.
Thanks John

mohd24
Newly Registered

Re: PEO - Solihull

Post by mohd24 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Congrats! Sardar ,its seems that sulihull PEO officers are more helpfull then others......can you tell us how did you pay ur fee and do you have to pay in advance before casewoker call you or after they had seen you? it will be great help.
Thanks