ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Names of umbrella companies who can transfer of workpermit

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ap2004
Newly Registered

Post by ap2004 » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:46 am

Hello,

Does anybody know the names of umbrella companies who can transfer or sponsor workpermit? Please confirm names.

Thanks

ap2004

ishameeque

Post by ishameeque » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:21 am

Most of the umbrella companies in the UK are used by the contractors
who instead of having their own limited company,
will use their service. And they will not sponsor work permit.
They will take on board only those who are legally permitted to work in the UK such as ILR holders or HSMP.
And nowadays, most of the local companies, who earlier used to sponsor work permits, and make them work as consultants have closed down.
Except for major players such as IBM, TCS etc.

ap2004
Newly Registered

Post by ap2004 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:53 pm

I have been given name of company who is a umbrella company and ready to sponsor work permit. They have already confirmed that they are ready to sponsor WP. I am not sure whether it is true. Please comment.

Thanks

ap2004

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:11 pm

I guess no one and wants to answer that !! Try and you'll know for sure :wink:

regards

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:29 pm

Since you are mentioning IT companies, I can confirm there is still a 'huge' market of small-medium sized companies ( not just IBM/TCS) supplying cheap labour(both work permit & non-work permit ) to their clients. I see them everyday and 90% of the workforce belongs to countries outside EU.
Re: work permits, established offshore companies are treated differently by WP office when it comes to WP processing when compared to UK based companies, so they make use of that.

In country work permit processing by native UK based umbrealla companies may have reduced, but I think there are still 'open channels' if you know the right place.

And nowadays, most of the local companies, who earlier used to sponsor work permits, and make them work as consultants have closed down.
Except for major players such as IBM, TCS etc.

ap2004
Newly Registered

Umbrella companies for work permit

Post by ap2004 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:09 pm

Is it legal if unbrella company sponsor WP and then we find contract jobs with different clients?? Umbrella companies charge 30 or 40% of the salary. Also, is it possible to get WP from umbrella companies for IT purchasing/procurement professional etc? I know it might be possible for software developement professional. Please advise.
thanks
ap2004

Charlene
Qualified Member

Umbrella Companies for work permit

Post by Charlene » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:41 pm

Hi

An umbrella company that is just an umbrella company can not sponsor a permit. However, if you get a genuine IT consultancy, and they have the right contracts, work permit sponsorship is possible.

At [Advertising deleted by Moderator] we can often put would-be contractors in touch with an IT consultancy that can handle sponsorship (permit applications are represented by workpermit.com, so you know it will be done well).

There is no way you should be parting with 30-40% of billings. The sponsoring company has to pay 12.8% in employer's National Insurance on all they pay you, and they have other costs, but a total margin of 22.5% (including the 12.8% employer's NI costs) is usually attainable if you have a long-ish term contract and are on a reasonable billable rate.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:53 am

We remind folks that advertising is not an activity we maintain this forum for.

-> Announcements -> Policy change regarding member websites
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=10027

Thank you!

The Admin