ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing parents or family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nazmul2010
Newly Registered

Bringing parents or family member

Post by nazmul2010 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:16 pm

My name is Nazmul Hasan and recently(14/12/11) I have received residence permit for 5 years on behalf of my wife as she is an EEA member. Now I like to bring my Mom and my younger sister from Bangladesh in UK for permanently. My father died on 2007 and my sister got married 2010. We had our baby on 14/10/11. My wife receives housing and child benefit and she also gets maternity allowance as she worked less than 26 weeks with her employer. But I am working part time and paying my tax.

My questions are-

1) Can I bring my family from Bangladesh?
2) If yes which application form I have to fill and what is the best way?
3) How much it will cost me to bring both my mom and sister?
4) If they comes here how long they can stay and with which status?

Please help me

Thanks

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Bringing parents or family member

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:30 pm

nazmul2010 wrote:My name is Nazmul Hasan and recently(14/12/11) I have received residence permit for 5 years on behalf of my wife as she is an EEA member. Now I like to bring my Mom and my younger sister from Bangladesh in UK for permanently. My father died on 2007 and my sister got married 2010. We had our baby on 14/10/11. My wife receives housing and child benefit and she also gets maternity allowance as she worked less than 26 weeks with her employer. But I am working part time and paying my tax.

My questions are-

1) Can I bring my family from Bangladesh?
2) If yes which application form I have to fill and what is the best way?
3) How much it will cost me to bring both my mom and sister?
4) If they comes here how long they can stay and with which status?

Please help me

Thanks
You need to make sure that your wife is a "qualified person". You are dependent on her for your status. Others would also be dependent on her status.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Treaty Rights

Post by nonspecifics » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:18 am

Your wife, who is the EEA national, will have to be exercising treaty rights and so will have to continue to be a qualifed person such as a worker or self-sufficient.

If your wife voluntarily leaves employment - resigns - to be a stay-at-home mother, then she could continue to exercise treaty rights as a self-sufficient person if she can show sufficient funds (your earnings could count towards that) and by having comprehensive sickness insurance or foreign EHIC cards for all the family.

To be self-sufficient you are not meant to rely on any public funds, such as housing benefit and child tax credits etc . (Those exercising treaty rights as workers are allowed to claim them without it affecting their exercising treaty rights status with UKBA.)

Your relatives could apply for EEA family permits as other family members, but to be successful they would have to prove they are wholly or mainly dependent on you and your wife for their basic needs and as stated, your wife would need to prove she is exercising treaty rights or has permanent residence status ( a qualified person).

See here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ly-permit/

If they were allowed to come to the UK, the next step would be applying for residence cards on form EEA2.