ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - US to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aridley21
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - US to UK

Post by aridley21 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:36 pm

I am a UK citizen and next month i'll be marrying my US fiancé in the states with an ESTA visa, on my return to the UK she will be applying for the spouse visa to come and join me in England. I just wanted to get some advice for our application, i'm trying to do as much research as possible.

Currently, I am living with my parents in North East England and I am working full time on a decent wage, I am however looking to re-locate to London in the near future. When my fiancé will be applying for the visa I will still be living with my parents and working in my current job, so the evidence we provide for finances and accommodation will all relate to my current situation (my family are prepared to formally confirm they will have us both, and there should be adequate accommodation).

I suppose my first question is where do we stand if my circumstances change during the visa application, or shortly after her visa is issued (providing the application is a success)?

potcakes
Newly Registered

Post by potcakes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Living at your parents is not a problem, nor is a change of address mid way. You just need to have a room to yourselves. I got the local council to send round one of their local housing inspectors, she gave us a detailed description of the house, dimensions of each room, how many rooms etc. She then gave her opinion that there was no danger of ovecrowding. She then did an official letter, plus a copy for our files, attached a card with contact details on them. You need to have proof that your parents own the house, ie a copy of land registry plus council tax. You also need a letter from your parents that is certified by a solicitor that you are allowed to live there with your wife until you find your own accommodation.

A change of address is not an issue, the next time you will need to contact them will be for the ILR in two years, you will then submit the change of address as evidence anyway.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:06 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.