ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Long Residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Karan K
Newly Registered

10 Years Long Residence

Post by Karan K » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi,
For Long residence application, should we give course completion certificates for all the years along with passport? The reason i ask is that some of the colleges where i studies are closed.

I do not educational certificates for the whole years.

mubasher

Post by mubasher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi:
no mate you dont need to put any course dates as they dont ask you for these dates in form. just put the dates of your entry and exit in uk.and not need to send any documents, only your all passports. good luck

Karan K
Newly Registered

Post by Karan K » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:46 pm

mubasher wrote:Hi:
no mate you dont need to put any course dates as they dont ask you for these dates in form. just put the dates of your entry and exit in uk.and not need to send any documents, only your all passports. good luck
Thanks for your reply mate. I have been to a solicitor and he said, i should get the list of colleges i attended, courses i have finished and the certificates i have obtained for the last 10 years as a student. I am worried as i dont have them. Please advise

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:03 pm

You should be fine , provided there has not been a break in your 10 years residence.

Passport showing visas, and renewal over the past 10 years seem to be more important.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Karan K
Newly Registered

Post by Karan K » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:50 am

Obie wrote:You should be fine , provided there has not been a break in your 10 years residence.

Passport showing visas, and renewal over the past 10 years seem to be more important.
I have a gap of 15 days. I posted the application in 2006 10 days late due to delays at the university. By the time they received it , the total delay added up to 15 days. How big is the problem?

Thank you.

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:55 pm

This should not be a problem. The date of application is taken to be the day you posted the application, which in this case is within the range for which discretion is advised.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Five days is a considerably long time for post to arrive at HO. Is there any reason why it took so long.

Provided it was that single gap in the 10 year and they acknowledge it was posted on the day claimed and you have evidence of this, you should be fine.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Karan K wrote:Hello,
I am applying under the 10 year rule through a solicitor.

SET (O) application requires you to provide the NI number. I have breached the 20 hour work rule as a student and i am now worried about filling that part on the form.

My solicitor asked me to provide the NI number at any cost. He says , not providing the NI number is treated as withholding information deliberately. And if the Home office decides they would check and they can find out anyway. So his advise is provide all the details upfront.

Do Home office make checks using the NI number we provide? Does that affect my application?

I am worried . Please advise.

Thank you.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!